Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has approved the release of N24.6 million to the Enugu State Scholarship and Education Loans Board (ESSELB) for bursary allowance for students.
The Executive Secretary of ESSELB, Mr Levis Abonyi, in a statement on Sunday in Enugu, said that the beneficiaries were 246 students of the state origin at the Nigerian Law School.
Abonyi said that the benefiting students would get the sum of N100,000 each.
He said that those eligible for the offer must be indigenes of the state in the Nigerian Law School.
The ESSELB executive secretary listed the requirements for the prospective beneficiaries to include valid admission letters and valid Law School identity card.
Other requirements, according to him, are local government identification letters, dully signed by the scholarship board staff in their respective council secretariats and recent passport photographs.
He said that all applications must be made online through the board’s website http://www.esselb.en.gov.ng/”>www.esselb.en.gov.ng.
Abonyi, however, asked the affected candidates to call the help-lines: 09044022730, 09045085589, 09054915257 and 07053900572 or visit the board’s office at No. 28, Okpara Avenue (old CCB building near EEDC), for application voucher.
The executive secretary also urged eligible students to upload all the above required documents to the ESSELB portal.
“Follow us on Facebook – ‘Enugu State Scholarship and Education Loans Board-ESSELB’ for more information on date of screening and presentation of cheques,’’ he added.
Edited By: Abiodun Esan and (NAN)‘Wale Sadeeq
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls