Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has reiterated his administration’s commitment to partner and support indigenous companies to strive and grow in the state.
Ugwuanyi made the pledge during the inauguration of Solace Table Water, Juice and Beverages Factory, a division of Sandocco Resources Ltd in Nsukka, Enugu State on Thursday.
He commended the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Mr Stanley Idoko, for establishing such gigantic company, urging other well-meaning indigenes to emulate him.
“I commission this factory and pray that God will continue to bless Idoko and other illustrious indigenes of Enugu State that think home.
“We will give anybody that establishes a company in our state necessary support that needed to make their business stand and become successful,’’ he assured.
In an address, Idoko, lauded Ugwuanyi for creating an enabling environment for both indigenes and non-indigenes that wish to do business in the state.
He said that the company was established in line with the governor’s four-point agenda meant to create employment to the people.
He revealed that over 200 persons had been employed to work in the factory already.
Idoko encouraged other well-meaning indigenes of the state to bring home their wealth to support government in fight against poverty and make lives meaningful to indigent people.
“ I was motivated to come and establish this factory, which will produce, table water, juice drinks and beverages, to support government in creating employment for our people,’’ he said.
Edited by Maureen Atuonwu
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members
- Police arrest 3 for allegedly robbing fishermen of N1.6m in Lagos
- New Zealand city of Auckland prepares for lockdown as mystery COVID cases emerge
- IPAC wants INEC to adjust timetable for Ondo, Edo polls
- Gov. Wike dissolves Task Force on Illegal Street Trading, Motor Parks
- Akeredolu admonishes governors to support community policing