Gov. Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State has approved the constitution of board and appointed members for the State Transport Company Limited known as Gombe line.
Mr Ismaila Misilli, Senior Special Assistant Media and Publicity to the governor, made this known in a statement on Friday in Gombe.
He said that this is in line with the Governor’s earlier proclamation that the transport service will now operate as fully registered Limited liability company, as incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission and provided for in the companies and allied matters Act, 2004.
“It is also in line with His Excellency’s determination to entrench sound governance policies and practices that will enhance transparency, accountability and profitability in the services and operations of the company,” he said.
Misilli listed the names of the board members as; Danladi Bako, Chairman; Muhammadu Allajiyel; Felix Gambo; Lamrana Bose.
Others were Mr. Barnabas Maspara; Ado Gabbanni and Buba Sharu as Members.
He added that all the appointments take immediate effect.
The Nigeria News Agency recalls that Gov. Yahaya on Wednesday had inaugurated 50 brand new buses for the company to boost the transportation sector in the state.
Edited by Felix Ajide
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed