Ahead of Saturday’s governorship and state house of assembly elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Lagos State, on Wednesday, distributed sensitive materials to local government areas of the state.
Mr Femi Akinbiyi, spokesman of INEC in the state, told the News Agency of Nigeria of the distribution.
“We started the distribution first to far local government areas that are not in the metropolis so as to ensure that the materials get to their destinations in time.
” The distribution started today and will be completed today also.
“The assurance is that all the materials will leave CBN today for the local government areas of the state, for onward movement to registration areas (Wards),” he said.
The INEC spokesman said that representatives of political parties were also on ground to monitor the receipt and distribution of the materials at the CBN.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students