Ahead of Saturday’s governorship and state house of assembly elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Lagos State, on Wednesday, distributed sensitive materials to local government areas of the state.
Mr Femi Akinbiyi, spokesman of INEC in the state, told the News Agency of Nigeria of the distribution.
“We have commenced movement of sensitive election materials to the various local government areas in the state directly from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) under the watch of security agencies.
“We started the distribution first to far local government areas that are not in the metropolis so as to ensure that the materials get to their destinations in time.
” The distribution started today and will be completed today also.
“The assurance is that all the materials will leave CBN today for the local government areas of the state, for onward movement to registration areas (Wards),” he said.
The INEC spokesman said that representatives of political parties were also on ground to monitor the receipt and distribution of the materials at the CBN.
- Spotlight: Mask-wearing remains controversial in U.S. as COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Mexico reports 3,377 new COVID-19 cases, 447 more deaths
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister
- NCDC confirms 182 new cases of COVID-19, total active cases now hits 6064
- Romania to allow outdoor sports events from June 1
- Abduction: NAWOJ wants immediate release of NTA female reporter, Chinyere Okoye
- Farmers harvest wheat in the countryside of Sale, Morocco
- Brazilian president signs financial aid bill for states, cities
- U.S. president signs executive order targeting social media companies
- Israeli children play in wheat field ahead of Jewish holiday of Shavuot
- Palliative: Kano Govt begins second phase distribution of food items
- People visit traditional lantern festival in Seoul, S. Korea