Advocates for Good Governance, a Niger Delta youth group has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to confirm Prof. Nelson Brambaifa, as substantive Managing Director of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Mr Briggs Lokpobiri, Coordinator of the group, who made the appeal in a statement issued in Yenagoa on Monday, said that some resentful youths were behind the campaign to diminish Brambaifa’s sterling performance at NDDC.
According to him, no doubt, the ultimate aim of this sinister plot is to rob Bayelsa State, its rightful opportunity to produce the next Managing Director of the Commission.
“It is consequential on this, that we call on President Muhammadu Buhari, to do the needful by confirming Brambaifa, as the substantive Managing Director of the Commission without further delay.
“We ask all and sundry to ensure that this opportunity that is due to the state does not elude it.
“Indeed, it begets rationality that any true son of Bayelsa should be involved in any form of negative plot to rob the state of this unique opportunity to take its rightful position as the Managing Director of NDDC.
“We appeal to Mr President to ignore whoever that is calling for Brambaifa’s removal. We are also calling on the youths, elders and ancestors of the state to fight against those who are opposing his confirmation as the substantive Managing Director of the Commission.
“Enough is enough. The entire leadership of Bayelsa must close ranks and line up behind him to succeed. Bayelsa people should not allow this slot slip away from us, otherwise we will have no other persons to blame than ourselves.
“This is our slot. This is our turn to produce the next Managing Director of NDDC. It is a taboo for Brambaifa’s own people to call for his removal for no cause.
“The people of Bayelsa must rise up against this act. We call on Mr President to take steps to confirm him as the substantive Managing Director of the Commission,” Lokpobiri stated.
He appealed to Bayelsa people to shun the ‘Pull him down syndrome’ and stop opposing the progress of their own, adding that Brambaifa is a loyal member of APC making efforts to make the state work.
According to him, before his current appointment as the Acting Managing Director of NDDC, Brambaifa, had served as the Commissioner representing Bayelsa State on the Board of the Commission before the board’s dissolution.
“The Acting Managing Director’s appointment by President Buhari, is a testimony to his humility, strength of character, sense of vision and loyalty to the system.
“In the last couple of months of him being at the helm of affairs at the NDDC, Brambaifa, has demonstrated his unalloyed commitment to the mission and vision of the organisation by his words and deeds.
“Secondly, he has launched the Volunteer Surveillance Group (VSG), which has provided jobs for thousands of our youth across the nine oil producing States.
“In addition, he has also initiated a partnership between the International Fund for Agricultural Development ( IFAD) and the NDDC, which is geared towards providing loans for agricultural projects,” he said.
Lokpobiri noted that the partnership with IFAD had created employment for youths across the Niger Delta and will enhance the diversification of the local economy from oil and ensure food security for the people.
He noted that Brambaifa, has operated an open door policy devoid of partisan considerations, creating equal opportunity for every Niger Delta citizen to access the services of the NDDC whenever they do desire.
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections