Daura (Katsina state) March 12 2019 The Aminu Bello Masari Youth Vanguard, Daura chapter, have commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and others stakeholders for peaceful conduct of the Feb. 23 and March 9 polls across Katsina State.
Malam Lawal Adam-TBO, the group Zonal Chairman, told the News Agency of Nigeria, in Daura on Tuesday that the roles of all stakeholders in the last elections were highly commendable.
He described the Presidential, National Assembly, Governorship and State House of Assembly elections in the state as peaceful, free, fair and credible.
He said the elections were conducted peacefully amidst tight security and in strict observance of the relevant electoral guidelines.
He particularly commended the efforts of INEC, NYSC members and security agencies for being very vigilant and professional in their duties.
Adam-TBO lauded the electorate for being decent and orderly before, during and after the elections.
“The last elections were adjudged by election monitors to be free, fair and devoid of hiccups and I wish to congratulate all those who were elected under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“I specially congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari and Gov. Aminu Masari. Our party won the elections with landslide victory across the 34 Local Government Areas in Katsina,’’ he said.
He said the role played by the senior party members during the campaign and voters’ mobilisation has inculcated sense of patriotism, discipline and decorum in millions of APC loyalists which culminated in the APC victory.
Adamu TBO, advise those who emerged victorious in the elections to be magnanimous in victory by extending olive branch to the opposition for national development and entrenchment of democratic values.
He expressed confidence that the next administrations of President Buhari and Gov. Masari would be of prosperity, fulfilment and consolidations and would result in positive transformation of the key sectors of the country’s economy.
NNN recalls that the APC in Katsina and its Governorship candidate Aminu Masari won the gubernatorial contest with a total of 1,178,864 million votes to defeat the PDP candidate Lado Danmarke who scored 488,621 votes.
NNN also reports that the party won all the National Assembly and the 34 state assembly seats.
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies