Group lauds INEC, others on peaceful elections in Katsina
Daura (Katsina state) March 12 2019 The Aminu Bello Masari Youth Vanguard, Daura chapter, have commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and others stakeholders for peaceful conduct of the Feb. 23 and March 9 polls across Katsina State.
Malam Lawal Adam-TBO, the group Zonal Chairman, told the News Agency of Nigeria, in Daura on Tuesday that the roles of all stakeholders in the last elections were highly commendable.
He described the Presidential, National Assembly, Governorship and State House of Assembly elections in the state as peaceful, free, fair and credible.
He said the elections were conducted peacefully amidst tight security and in strict observance of the relevant electoral guidelines.
He particularly commended the efforts of INEC, NYSC members and security agencies for being very vigilant and professional in their duties.
Adam-TBO lauded the electorate for being decent and orderly before, during and after the elections.
“The last elections were adjudged by election monitors to be free, fair and devoid of hiccups and I wish to congratulate all those who were elected under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“I specially congratulate President Muhammadu Buhari and Gov. Aminu Masari. Our party won the elections with landslide victory across the 34 Local Government Areas in Katsina,’’ he said.
He said the role played by the senior party members during the campaign and voters’ mobilisation has inculcated sense of patriotism, discipline and decorum in millions of APC loyalists which culminated in the APC victory.
Adamu TBO, advise those who emerged victorious in the elections to be magnanimous in victory by extending olive branch to the opposition for national development and entrenchment of democratic values.
He expressed confidence that the next administrations of President Buhari and Gov. Masari would be of prosperity, fulfilment and consolidations and would result in positive transformation of the key sectors of the country’s economy.
NNN recalls that the APC in Katsina and its Governorship candidate Aminu Masari won the gubernatorial contest with a total of 1,178,864 million votes to defeat the PDP candidate Lado Danmarke who scored 488,621 votes.
NNN also reports that the party won all the National Assembly and the 34 state assembly seats.
- Feature: Cubans strive to overcome effects of U.S. blockade amid fight against COVID-19
- UN rights chief urges U.S. to take “serious action” to stop police killings of African Americans
- UN agencies concerned about use of explosive devices against Libyan civilians
- Spotlight: Mask-wearing remains controversial in U.S. as COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Mexico reports 3,377 new COVID-19 cases, 447 more deaths
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister
- NCDC confirms 182 new cases of COVID-19, total active cases now hits 6064
- Romania to allow outdoor sports events from June 1
- Abduction: NAWOJ wants immediate release of NTA female reporter, Chinyere Okoye
- Farmers harvest wheat in the countryside of Sale, Morocco
- Brazilian president signs financial aid bill for states, cities
- U.S. president signs executive order targeting social media companies