A group, The Onu Political Organisation (TOPO), has urged the Caretaker /Extraordinary National Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), to work towards achieving genuine reconciliation and stability of the party.
The group made the appeal at a press conference on Wednesday in Abakaliki.
The press conference was attended by national leaders of the organisation, including Chief Ugo Chima, the group’s National Chairman, Hyacinth Oteh, National Secretary, Mr Kabiru Umar, Mrs Fati Adams, among others.
Chief Egwu Chima, TOPO’s National Publicity Secretary, who addressed the press on behalf of the group, expressed confidence in the ability of Gov. Mai Mala Buni, Chairman of the Caretaker Committee to steer the party to greatness.
The group which also pledged support, solidarity and loyalty to the new leadership appealed to the committee to strive to achieve genuine national reconciliation, stability, growth and development of the party.
Chima said: “With your committee in place, we now have a regenerated APC which must share the vision of the founding fathers.
” TOPO places a very high premium on the capacity of your novel committee to restore growth, development and stability in our great party.
“Here, we must continue to thank God daily for the generous gift of President Muhammadu Buhari whose towering and sterling image singles out the party for embrace.
“Whatever has transpired within the party in the last few days has been the handiwork of God and the silence of Mr President on the matter is now golden and celebrated.
“We are particularly enthused by the composition of the Caretaker Committee, if anything, the political credentials of majority of the members speak volumes.”
The group further extolled the leadership and political sagacity of the chairman, who has reiterated his committee’s commitment to ensure justice and peace in the party.
Chima quoted Buni as saying: “My plan is all about doing justice to every member of the party because without justice, there won’t be peace; I’m a team player.
” I have a capable team that can work with me; I am here to manage crisis and if you don’t manage crisis, crisis will manage you.”
The group also commended and extolled efforts of Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation and the APC South-East leader as well as Chief Bola Tinubu, national leaders of APC in sustaining peace and unity of the party.
NAN recalls that the National Executive Council (NEC) of APC last week approved the setting up of the Gov. Buni- led Caretaker /Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee.
Edited By: Obike Ukoh (NAN)
- Old girls’ association renovates staff room for Enugu school
- Quarantine service, Cowpea association collaborate to address weak link in beans value chain
- 774,000 FG/NDE Jobs are only for unskilled, semi-skilled youths – Committee Chairman
- FG restates support for ECOWAS states on biodiversity action plans
- 2 killed as Ekiti monarch moves to enforce ban on festival
- Appeal Court reverses INEC’s deregistration of 22 parties
- COVID-19 palliatives: We’ve touched over 200,000 households — Akeredolu
- Lagos Institute calls for synergy among law enforcement officers
- Kebbi govt. will treat, rehabilitate boy chained by father, foster mothers for 2 years – SA
- PDP lifts suspension on Sen. Hunkuyi, 6 others