Group to honour outstanding Hajj stakeholders
Abuja, March 13, 2019 Independent Hajj Reporters, a civil society group monitoring and reporting Hajj and Umrah activities, has announced plans to honour outstanding 2018 Hajj stakeholders.
This is contained in a statement issued by its National Coordinator, Mr Ibrahim Muhammed, and Organising Secretary, Mr Muhammed Garba, on Wednesday in Abuja.
It said an organising committee had been put in place for the event to appreciate Hajj and Umrah administrators that excelled in service delivery to Nigerian pilgrims.
According to the group, officials from Saudi Arabian and Pakistani Ministries of Hajj, and other countries are expected to attend the event scheduled to hold in Abuja.
The group said that the award was aimed at boosting the morale and encourage Hajj administrators, service providers and regulatory agencies to offer excellent services to their pilgrims.
It explained that the award categories include best state Muslims Pilgrim’s Welfare Boards in terms of organisation and the welfare of pilgrims, among others.
The group added that the award would also be given to best State Public Relations Officer, best service oriented licensed Private Tour Operator and best Hajj air carriers.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that independent Hajj Reporters is a registered faith-based Non-Governmental Organisation enlightening Nigerian pilgrims on how to perform an acceptable pilgrimage.
Hajj is one of the five compulsory pillars of Islam.
Other articles of the faith are belief in the oneness of Allah and Prophet Muhammad, Sallat, Fasting the month of Ramadhan and annual payment of Zakkat.
- FMDQ says new CAMA will change Nigerian financial markets
- Iran warns against “politicising” Beirut explosions
- German foreign minister wants South Korean participation in G7 summit
- Truck kills 2 undergraduates in Ekiti
- Blasphemy: Court sentences man to death by hanging in Kano
- Non-contact sports: Coaches, sports enthusiasts want sports centres reopened
- NTTF considers organising 2020 Nigeria Open before end of year
- Kaduna Govt sets Aug. 18, deadline for submission of 2021 expenditure proposals
- Abia APC Caucus expresses satisfaction with Buhari’s administration performance
- eTransact, Niger Insurance notify shareholders of delayed submission of financials