Group urges Ohaneze to remain apolitical, focus on ideals of founding fathers
Enugu, April 29, 2019 Ndigbo Unity Forum (NUF), a pan-Igbo political pressure group, has urged Ohaneze Ndigbo and its affiliate wings to remain apolitical to function effectively in the Igbo socio-cultural space.
Chukwudum noted that Ohaneze, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, was drifting away from the ideals of its founding fathers.
He noted that the recent interference of Ohaneze Youth Council (OYC) on the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) leadership was misguided.
According to him, OYC does not have any right to tell APGA members how they would run their party affairs both in leadership and administration.
“This is the time for us, Ndigbo, all over the world to call Ohaneze and its wings to order; as things are already going out of hand.
“NUF is raising this alarm so that the group should stop using Ndigbo for political interest.
“We all know what happened before 20l9 President Election where Ohaneze leadership endorsed the Presidential Candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) without the consent of prominent Igbo sons and daughters as well as nobles.
“That is why we must call them to order for them to know their function as a purely socio-cultural group,’’ he said.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA