Gumel Emirate turbans former NLC scribe
Gumel (Jigawa), June 23,2019 The Emir of Gumel in Jigawa, Alhaji Ahmed Sani, on Sunday turbaned the former State Secretary of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Alhaji Ismaila Abdullahi, as the new Sarkin Gabas and member of Gumel Emirate Council.
Speaking at the ceremony in Gumel, the Emir urged the Sarkin Gabas and other traditional leaders to rededicate themselves to the development of the emirate.
The emir, represented by the Galadiman Gumel, Alhaji Sabo Mohammad, warned the chiefs against engaging in acts capable of tarnishing the image of the emirate.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Abdullahi was born in Galadi town, in Gumel on Feb. 2,1967.
He was the State NLC Secretary between 2011 and 2013, and is the current Vice President, Nigeria Civil Service Union, North-west Zone .
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business