Gumel Emirate turbans former NLC scribe
Gumel (Jigawa), June 23,2019 The Emir of Gumel in Jigawa, Alhaji Ahmed Sani, on Sunday turbaned the former State Secretary of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Alhaji Ismaila Abdullahi, as the new Sarkin Gabas and member of Gumel Emirate Council.
Speaking at the ceremony in Gumel, the Emir urged the Sarkin Gabas and other traditional leaders to rededicate themselves to the development of the emirate.
The emir, represented by the Galadiman Gumel, Alhaji Sabo Mohammad, warned the chiefs against engaging in acts capable of tarnishing the image of the emirate.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Abdullahi was born in Galadi town, in Gumel on Feb. 2,1967.
He was the State NLC Secretary between 2011 and 2013, and is the current Vice President, Nigeria Civil Service Union, North-west Zone .
- Gov. Makinde completes 307 projects in 1year, 236 others ongoing
- Leicester manager says he caught coronavirus but has recovered
- Trump’s plan to cut ties with WHO “awful decision”: Irish minister
- Gov. Obiano inaugurates 16-member committee for public procurements
- EU grants Morocco 172 mln USD amid COVID-19 pandemic
- AfDB: Obasanjo, Jonathan, 13 other African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Brazilian Economy Ministry predicts greater GDP decline in second quarter
- English Premier League says using “home and away’’ venues remains its wish
- Police deploy 5,200 personnel for LG polls in Benue
- Federer is world’s highest-paid athlete, Forbes says
- La Liga season returns on June 11
- U.S. Illinois reopens as “stay-at-home” order ends
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 2 Indians
- 5.2-magnitude quake hits Whitianga of New Zealand: USGS
- Chile’s COVID-19 cases surpass 90,000
- Air Peace evacuates 301 Chinese from Nigeria
- Egypt sees highest single-day hike of COVID-19 deaths, infections
- 1st Anniversary: Sanwo-Olu virtually inaugurates 18 projects across Lagos
- AfDB: African leaders rally support for Adesina
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law