Kano, March 12, 2019 Gunmen in the early hours of Tuesday in Kano, killed a driver and kidnapped an expatriate in the metropolis.
The expatriate, who is a staff of Triacta Construction Company working on Kano Zoo Road under path, was abducted at the construction site in the metropolis.
An eye witness who pledged anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano on Tuesday that the incident happened around 7:00am as the company’s staff were returning to work after the election break.
The eye witness said the gunmen arrived in the site and shot the expatriate’s driver before taking him away to unknown destination.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, who confirmed the story, said the person kidnapped was a Lebanese.
He explained that the gunmen also shot one other person dead and injured another, pointing out that the expatriate went out without his assigned security and driver.
He, however, said that investigation into the matter was on after which details would follow.
- S. Africa reports more COVID-19 cases as country prepares to ease lockdown
- Mongolia meets all requirements to be removed from FATF “grey list”: finance minister
- Russian COVID-19 cases climb over 380,000
- Vietnam to import live pigs for first time against domestic price hike
- Thailand’s Pattaya beaches to reopen under social distancing rules
- Thai-styled massage parlors, spa parlors, beauty salons, fitness centers in Thailand to reopen
- Australia remains “on track” in fight against COVID-19: PM
- Ex-CBN director lauds MPC over interest rate reduction
- Fitch grades Mongolia’s rating at B with stable outlook
- OPEC daily basket price stands at 28.45 USD per barrel
- Nigerian troops rescue 241 Boko Haram captives in NE state
- Thailand to further ease restrictions, shorten curfew hours
- Kyrgyzstan adds 68 COVID-19 cases, total at 1,662
- S.Korea to push for import of remdesivir as treatment for COVID-19
- LASG seeks professional bodies’ collaboration to stop building collapse
- Group tasks NASS leadership on full implementation of `revised condition of service’
- COVID-19 positive cases rise to 13,659 in Afghanistan
- Playing to an empty room: Paris orchestra plays Strauss in COVID-19 era
- Uzbekistan’s Tashkent witnesses high temperature weather
- Indian researchers attribute mass mortality of bats to heatstroke