Kano, March 12, 2019 Gunmen in the early hours of Tuesday in Kano, killed a driver and kidnapped an expatriate in the metropolis.
The expatriate, who is a staff of Triacta Construction Company working on Kano Zoo Road under path, was abducted at the construction site in the metropolis.
An eye witness who pledged anonymity told the News Agency of Nigeria in Kano on Tuesday that the incident happened around 7:00am as the company’s staff were returning to work after the election break.
The eye witness said the gunmen arrived in the site and shot the expatriate’s driver before taking him away to unknown destination.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, who confirmed the story, said the person kidnapped was a Lebanese.
He explained that the gunmen also shot one other person dead and injured another, pointing out that the expatriate went out without his assigned security and driver.
He, however, said that investigation into the matter was on after which details would follow.
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers