The police on Monday arraigned a hair dresser, Michael Adeleye, in a Grade I Area Court Nyanya, Abuja, over alleged misappropriation of N40, 025 belonging to his boss.
The police charged Adeleye , 29, of no. 20 Zone 7, lugbe Opposite kings palace Abuja with breach of trust and misappropriation of funds.
The Prosecution Counsel, Stanley Nwaforaku, told the court that the defendant was employed by Ms Blessing Awofisoye of Beauty Salon located at shop 55 , Area 2 shopping complex, Garki, Abuja as a
Nwaforaku alleged that the defendant opened the complainant’s shop during the COVID-19 lockdown, without her permission.
He told the court that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 314 and 309 of the Penal Code.
He said the case was reported at Garki Police station by The complainant, Blessing Adefisoye.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the offence.
The Judge, Mr Abdullahi Ogedengbe, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Ogedengbe ordered that the surety must be a civil servant not below GL09.
He adjourned the case until Aug 4 for hearing.
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
- Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu promises to harness solid minerals in Akoko-Edo
- COVID-19: Commission refunds 2020 Hajj intending pilgrims in Adamawa
- Edo 2020: Crowds at rallies thrill Shaibu
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings