As the 2nd edition of Prudent Energy Premier Handball League kicks off in Abuja on Tuesday, Samuel Ocheho, president, Handball Federation of Nigeria (HFN) has tasked team’s on fair play.
Ocheho in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on telephone said that teams must play by the rules in order to make the competition standard.
He said the league which was revived in 2018 and sponsored by Prudent Energy company, was part of programmes by the board to make handball proactive and encourage players and teams.
“We have good number of teams from States and clubs taking part in this league, and it gives me joy because the participation is making the league worthwhile.
“In everything, fair play must be the watchword, which I am sure was part of their preparations and advises from their various coaches that must bring to bear on the field of play.
“I also expect participating teams to adhere strictly to league rules, comport themselves in good manner and approach one another with respect so we can have a hitch free event,” he said.
According to him, there would be monitory reward as the first place team would get N1 million, N750,000 for 2nd position, N500,000 3rd position, while all participating teams would get N250,000 as subsidy.
The HFN boss said that the partnership with Prudent Energy as sponsors of the league was a dream come true, adding that the competition was needed to sustain activities of the sport.
“It is not enough to draw programmes but the ability to secure competent sponsor which Prudent Energy yielded being an evidence of this league, today stakeholders are happy,” he added.
NAN reports that 12 male and 20 female teams are taking part in the first phase of the 2nd edition of Prudent Energy league organised by the HFN, holding in Abuja from May 14 to May 25.
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes