Harvard Business School (HBS) has endorsed Nollywood actress, Chika Ike’s book ‘Boss Up!’ and congratulates her for the masterpiece.
The institution extends its felicitation to Ike, who is an alumni of the school, on its official social media account as the author marks one year of the book release.
The post reads: “In her new book Boss Up! Program for Leadership Development alumnae Chika Ike shares how she overcame obstacles on the road to success. Congratulations Chika!”
The Nigeria News Agency reports that “Boss Up!’’ is a 41-chapter book that x-rays crucial obstacles people confront – fear, love, money, self-esteem and how to overcome them to living a ‘best life.’
According to Ike, a Harvard trained business woman, the book details how she overcame her personal life obstacles, experiences and lessons learnt.
“It took me over seven years of writing to finally publish Boss up! Seven years of documenting my thoughts, emotions, truth and events that taught me some life lessons and brought me to this point.
She explained further that the book was one of the ways she was giving back to the society, and however noted that “telling my truth is not so comfortable.”
“I have failed, made mistakes, trusted, and had my lows and highs. But today I stand firm, stronger than ever and living my best life,” she said.
Ike came into Nollywood’s limelight in 2005 in a movie titled Bless the Child, and has since played major roles in over a hundred movies.
They include Paradise, Mirror of Beauty, To Love a Stranger, Girls Got Reloaded, Happy Ending, Yes We Will, Anointed Queen and The Prince and the Princess.
She founded a fashion line Fancy Nancy and a production company, Chika Ike Production.
She produced her first movie Miss Teacher and her reality TV game show, African Diva Reality TV Show.
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans