Wani jigo a jam'iyyar ta Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) a Filato, Mista Peter Kaze, ya gargadi jam'iyyar game da maimaita kuskuren da ta ba jam’iyyar All Progressives Congress (APC) a jihar a shekarar 2015.
Kaze, wanda dan takarar Shugabanci ne na neman takarar Shugabancin Jam’iyyar PDP mai zuwa a jihar, ya ba da wannan gargadi ne yayin wata tattaunawa da ya yi da Kamfanin Dillancin Labarai na Najeriya ranar Talata a Jos.
Ya ce jam'iyyar na bukatar yin darasi daga kurakuranta tare da yin gyara idan tana son komawa kan mulki a jihar.
Abin da ya kawo mu nan da farko shi ne cewa mun yi manyan kurakurai a matsayin jam’iyya da kuma dangantakarmu da jama’ar Filato da sauran jam’iyyun siyasa.
"Idan muka yi wa mutane za ~ en gaskiya da sahihanci a majalisa ko na wakilai, PDP za ta dawo kan mulki saboda Filato na PDP ne.
“Wannan ne lokacin da ya kamata mu koyi darussanmu saboda ba za mu iya ci gaba da yin abu iri daya ba kuma muna fatan wani sakamako daban,” in ji tsohon dan majalisar wakilai.
Kaze ya tabbatar wa magoya bayan sa cewa har yanzu yana cikin takara tare da niyyar sauya jam’iyya a Filato don sake kwace mulki a shekarar 2023.
Ya ce ba a hana shi ba duk da irin koma-baya da ya faru a wani bangare na COVID-19 wanda ya tilasta jam'iyyar ta canza babban taronta na tsawon watanni uku.
Edited Daga: Saidu Adamu da Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
Wannan Labarin: PDP dole ne ta guji kurakuran da suka kawo APC mulki a Filato – Chieftain yayi kashedin Peter Amine ne kuma ya fara ne akan https://nnn.com.ng/.
Gwamna Fayemi yayi zaman makokin tsohon dan majalisar dokokin jihar Ekiti, Fakiyesi
Gwamnan jihar Ekiti, Dakta Kayode Fayemi, ya bayyana rasuwar tsohon dan majalisar jihar, Mista Kola Fakiyesi, a matsayin "abin mamaki ne kuma abin takaici".
Gwamnan, a cikin wata sanarwa da sakataren yada labaran sa, Mista Yinka Oyebode, ya sanya wa manema labarai a Ado Ekiti a ranar Lahadin da ta gabata, ya ce Fakiyesi ya wuce a Firayim Ministan sa.
Ya ce rasuwarsa babban rashi ne ga jihar da kuma dangin mamacin APC wanda marigayin ya kasance.
Fayemi ya bayyana Fakiyesi a matsayin mutumin da ke da aminci a jam’iyyar, ya kara da cewa tun lokacin da aka zabe shi Majalisar a 2003 a kan kawancen Kawance da Dimokuradiyya, bai yi watsi da akidarsa ta siyasa ba, saboda ya ci gaba da zama a sansanin ci gaba a duk rayuwarsa.
Ya kara da cewa marigayi Fakiyesi shi ma ya wakilci mazabar Irepodun / Ifelodun I a Majalisar ta Biyu cikin nasara.
Ya ce, tsohon shugaban majalisar dattijai a matsayin babban mutum kuma dan jam’iyya mai aminci ya sanya shi matsayin Jagoran marasa rinjaye a Majalisar.
"Daga baya ya yi aiki a matsayin memba na Majalisar Wakilai ta Majalisar Tarayya da Kwamitin Ayyuka na Karamar Hukumar," in ji shi.
Gwamnan ya ce marigayin ya yi amfani da rayuwarsa ne wajen yi wa dan Adam aiki, tare da cewa hazakarsa da kwazonsa sun ƙaunace shi ga jama’ar mazabarsa.
Fayemi ya yi tawaye tare da dangin marigayi dan siyasa da mutanen Iyin Ekiti, garinsu, yana addu'ar Allah ya ba su karfin gwiwa game da wannan babban rashi.
Daidaita Daga: Edith Bolokor da (NAN)'Wale Sadeeq
Wannan Labarin: Gov. Fayemi yana zaman makoki ga dan majalissar dattijai na Ekiti, Fakiyesi na Ariwodola Idowu kuma ya fara bayyana a kan https://nnn.com.ng/.
DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
Mr Salihu Lukman, the Director-General, Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), has called on the All Progressives Congress (APC), to ensure wide citizen’s participation through membership recruitment and establishment of credible and verifiable membership register.
Lukman, who made the call in a statement in Abuja on Sunday, said APC can only be progressive, if it is able to encourage and promote citizens participation and competition within the party.
“A major gap created by the current orientation of political parties in Nigeria with perverted political behaviour, which confer prerogative of membership recruitment to political leaders is the barrier that is making it almost impossible for parties.
“This includes the APC to serve as vehicles for citizens’ participation. Once APC continue to operate as a closed party, its progressive credentials will remain only a claim of its leaders and anyone who challenged it will be bullied.
“APC can only be progressive if it is able to encourage and promote competition within the party as a prelude to electoral contests.
“The absence of competition has reduced, predominantly, the business of the party not to focus on issues of managing governments based on capacity of party members to contribute to initiatives of governments controlled by the party.
“These Initiatives, especially with reference to agricultural development, jobs creation, education, health, infrastructural development, poverty eradication and rapid technological development,” Lukman said.
According to him, if APC opens itself through membership recruitment, the debate around the issue of whether there is a credible and verifiable membership register will not be taking place.
“Rather, appropriate steps should have been taken to ensure the existence of a credible and verifiable membership register.
“This may be a case of improving on what is already in existence. To improve on what exists may have to involve all structures of the party, so that the question of managing the membership register is also not in dispute.
“For instance, how members are recruited would have a lot of implication in terms of the format that would be used to guarantee participation.
“Take for instance, the argument that APC membership register is domicile on the Cloud. Who upload it to the Cloud with whose authority and who is managing it?
“How was it generated in the first place? Are the members of the APC in the register that is said to exist on the Cloud, financial members? Who did they pay their membership dues to?
He recalled that immediately after the merger exercise, which produced the APC between 2013 and 2015, the party was working towards establishing computerised membership data centre for the whole country.
Lukman said the project was abandoned due to the challenges facing the party then.
= = =
Edited By: Felix Ajide (NAN)
This News article: DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration is by Abdulwahab Deji and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC
Sen. Wali Jibrin, the Chairman, Board of Trustees (BOT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has urged the National Assembly to hasting the process of empowering INEC to conduct all elections in the country.
This, he said, would go a long way in giving the electorate the opportunity to elect credible leaders at the grassroots, thereby strengthening democracy.
Jibrin made the call while speaking with newsmen in his country home, Nasarawa, during the Nasarawa central constituency’s bye-election, conducted by INEC on Saturday.
According to him, most of the elections conducted at the local government level in most parts of the country lack credibility and therefore, a slap on Nigeria’s democracy.
“If the National Assembly formulates a law that empowers INEC to conduct all elections in the country, it will further strengthen democracy.
“That is why I am calling on National Assembly to hasting the process of allowing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct all elections in the country.
“This will allow the people at the grassroots elect credible leaders of their choice and ensure speedy development in the country,” he said.
Jibrin lauded INEC for the peaceful conduct of the bye-election in the constituency.
The BOT chairman called on relevant stakeholders and politicians to support INEC for improved electoral process.
He also enjoined PDP stakeholders and supporters in the state and the country at large to continue to remain united for the peace, progress and development of the party.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that counting of voting was still ongoing in many polling units visited as at the time of filing this report.
NAN also reports that the bye-election was sequel to the death of the member representing Nasarawa central constituency in the state House of Assembly, Alhaji Suleiman Adamu (APC) on April 30.
Edited by ‘Wale Sadeeq
This News article: PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC is by Awayi Kuje and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
The United Kingdom chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has described its late member, Dr Dapo Williams, as a champion who fought many political wars to bring Nigerians in the Diaspora into repute.
Mr Ade Omole, the leader of the chapter, said this in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja by Mr Jacob Ogunseye, its Publicity Secretary.
Omole also said that the deceased, who died at 61, fought to ensure the unity of Nigerians in the Diaspora and the development of the APC in the UK.
“On behalf of APC UK chapter and with a heavy heart, I would like to announce the passing of Otunba Dapo Williams,
“He was one of the senior members of APC UK chapter and a leader within the Nigerian UK Diaspora community.
“Otunba Williams was an active member of the party, former leader of the Buhari Support Organisation and Chairman Emeritus of Nigeria Think Tank Group (NTTG),” Omole said.
He said Williams contributed immensely to the success of various developmental initiatives geared toward bringing Nigerians in the Diaspora into repute.
Omole urged members of the party to condole with the family of the deceased while awaiting the burial arrangements, adding that he would be forever remembered.
He also prayed God to give his family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss and grant his soul eternal rest.
According to the statement, the deceased was also a Board of Trustees (BOT) member of NTTG, United Kingdom
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Williams, who died in London, was a graduate of University of Salford, University of Cambridge and Harvard Business School.
He was on the frontline of mobilising support from Nigerians in Diaspora to assist the Federal Government’s efforts in battling COVID-19 as a member of the Nigerian Diaspora COVID-19 Eradication Support Group.
Edited By: Shuaib Sadiq/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
This News article: APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams is by Emmanuel Mogbede and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
- Gwamna Fayemi yayi zaman makokin tsohon dan majalisar dokokin jihar Ekiti, Fakiyesi
- Sanwo-Olu ya ba da izinin kulawar asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena
- Ex-Rep wants Obaseki impeached over alleged breach of constitution
- DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
- PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC
- APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
- Congress: PDP elects 39 party executives in Bauchi
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe
- PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election
- Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s running mate ‘ll APC’s chance – Party Chieftain
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo
- WHO ta kara yin amfani da COVID-19, binciken TB tare da gwajin wayar hannu a cikin al'ummomin Kaduna
- Buhari ya gana da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar Edo APC, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa
- NGF pledges to provide support for performance assessment of states
- Gwamna Bagudu ya kafa kwamitin da zai mayar da mahajjata kudin Hajji
- Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- COVID-19: BEDC donates 100 motoriised hand washing machines to states, others
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Oyo Assembly to screen commissioner-nominee, Idowu-Oyeleke, Aug. 11
- We will resist attempt to illegally take over Edo Assembly, says Obaseki
- Zan rage ababen more rayuwa a Oyo, in ji Makinde
- COVID-19 real, Ohaneze ya gargaɗi yan kasuwa a Cross River
- Babu wani shiri da zai shigar da 'yan Boko Haram din da suka tuba zuwa aikin soja – Fadar Shugaban kasa
- Kwamishinan na Delta ya girmama saboda yaƙar COVID-19
- COVID-19: PTF ta gabatar da rahoto na wucin gadi, ta kira don bincika mai yawa ga mutanen da suka kamu da cutar
- Al’umman Ogbomoso sun yabi Buhari saboda girmama marigayi Firayim Ministan
- Sarkin Bauchi ya sake nada Bello Kirfi a matsayin Waziri na Bauchi
- Jam'iyyar APC ta tabbatar da mutuwar shugaban kungiyar A'Ibom
- Mutuwar ɗalibin: FG ta buga masana'antar Ibadan
- Obi ya rantsar da wanda zai maye gurbin shugaban karamar hukumar Asari-Toru a jihar Ribas
- Nestlé Nigeria ta nada sabon MD
- Obaseki ya musanta zargin da aka ba kamfanin ICPC na ba da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Obaseki ta musanta zargin da aka bayar na bayar da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Gwamnatin Obaseki ta dawo da girman kai, mutuncin mutanen Edo – Shaibu
- Gwamna AbdulRazaq ya kafa kwamitin bincike kan kadarorin Kwara
- Buhari ya taya sabon Shugaban NMA, Farfesa Innocent Ujah murnar zaben
- Tsohon dan majalisan ya bayyana shugaban PDP Ondo
- Iyakataccen hanzarinku akan manyan hanyoyi don gujewa hadarurruka, FRSC ta bukaci masu motoci
- Opposition lawmakers leading anti-corruption investigations says Elumelu