Kungiyar Gwamnonin ta ci gaba da amincewa da takarar Dakta Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala kan mukamin Darakta Janar na kungiyar Kasuwanci ta Duniya (WTO).
Gov. Abubakar Bagudu na jihar Kebbi kuma shugaban taron shine ya bayyana hakan a cikin wata sanarwa a Abuja a ranar Laraba.
Bagudu ya roki Shugaba Muhammadu Buhari da ya yi amfani da sauran shugabannin Afirka wajen tabbatar da nasarar Okonjo-Iweala don amfanin kasar.
A cewarta, fitowar Okonjo-Iweala a matsayinta na shugaban WTO zai kawo wani lokacin da Afirka zata sami ci gaba.
Bagudu ya yi bayanin cewa, dandalin ya yi imanin cewa duniya za ta kasance da haɗin kai tare da Okonjo-Iweala a cikin sirrin WTO.
"Lokacin gabatar da namu Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Buhari bai gabatar da dan takarar Najeriya kawai ba amma ya gabatar wa duniya da mafi kyawun sa, daga Najeriya, kuma wanda ya cancanci ya jagoranci aikin gyaran tsarin kasuwancin duniya. .
"Samun shi daidai a Kungiyar Kasuwanci ta Duniya zai hanzarta burin Afirka a fagen duniya.
“Tare da Okonjo-Iweala wacce aka ware don aikin da aka ba ta asalin, abubuwan da ta samu, ra’ayinta na duniya, wanda ke yada imani da cewa tsarin ciniki na iya aiki don amfanin kowa.
"Kuma da gaske abin da duniya ke bukata kenan, duk kasashe da al'ummomin da suka himmatu wajen inganta tsarin ciniki cikin adalci ya kamata su goyi bayan bayyanarta a matsayin babbar darektar WTO," in ji shi.
Edited Daga: Nick Nicholas / Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
Wannan Labarin: Gwamnonin APC sun goyi bayan Okonjo-Iweala don Kungiyar Kasuwanci ta Duniya D-G ta Abdulwahab Deji ne ya fara bayyana https://nnn.com.ng/.
Sanwo-Olu ya ba da izinin kulawar asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena
A ranar Lahadin da ta gabata ne Gwamnatin Jihar Legas ta bayar da izini ga hukumomin babban asibitin Lagoon da ke Apapa, Legas don cire tarkacen kwantena da kwantena a cikin tashar mota.
Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, wanda ya ba da kyautar a yayin da yake duba ayyukan kan titin a Apapa, ya ce tashar motar asibiti ta koma tashar mai.
Sanwo-Olu ya yi gargadin cewa gwamnati za ta sake mallakar kasar sannan ta koma ga amfanin jama'a idan a cikin kwanaki bakwai, asibitin ta gaza mayar da kayan ta yadda za ta yi amfani da ita kamar filin ajiye motoci.
Ya yi Allah wadai da matakin sauya filin ajiye motoci zuwa tashar kwandon, yana mai cewa ci gaban yana toshe hanyoyin zirga-zirga a kan titin Liverpool.
"Ba na so in lalata alamar wani. Amma mun lura cewa a Liverpool Roundabout, wani kamfani yana da filin ajiye motoci kuma an canza wurin ajiye motoci zuwa abin da yake kama da tashar tashar ganga.
"Baya ga gaskiyar cewa yana hana zirga-zirgar ababen hawa, ba abin da ake nufi ya kasance ba.
"Mun shiga cikin wannan kamfanin kuma mun basu sanarwar kwana bakwai cewa suna bukatar canza shi zuwa yadda yakamata.
"Ana nufin ya zama filin ajiye motoci na talakawa ne don marasa lafiya da ma'aikatan asibitin. Abinda ake nufi kenan.
"Idan ba su cika ba, ba kawai za mu soke ƙasar ba, za mu mai da shi ga amfanin jama'a."
Gwamnan ya ce haramtattun motocin tirela a kan hanya da kuma sauran wuraren da ba a ba da izini ba shi ne babban abin da ya haifar da tashin hankali a Apapa.
Edited Daga: Silas Nwoha (NAN)
Wannan Labarin: Sanwo-Olu yana ba da izinin kulawa na asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena ta hannun Florence Onuegbu kuma ta fara bayyana a kan https://nnn.com.ng/.
DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
Mr Salihu Lukman, the Director-General, Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), has called on the All Progressives Congress (APC), to ensure wide citizen’s participation through membership recruitment and establishment of credible and verifiable membership register.
Lukman, who made the call in a statement in Abuja on Sunday, said APC can only be progressive, if it is able to encourage and promote citizens participation and competition within the party.
“A major gap created by the current orientation of political parties in Nigeria with perverted political behaviour, which confer prerogative of membership recruitment to political leaders is the barrier that is making it almost impossible for parties.
“This includes the APC to serve as vehicles for citizens’ participation. Once APC continue to operate as a closed party, its progressive credentials will remain only a claim of its leaders and anyone who challenged it will be bullied.
“APC can only be progressive if it is able to encourage and promote competition within the party as a prelude to electoral contests.
“The absence of competition has reduced, predominantly, the business of the party not to focus on issues of managing governments based on capacity of party members to contribute to initiatives of governments controlled by the party.
“These Initiatives, especially with reference to agricultural development, jobs creation, education, health, infrastructural development, poverty eradication and rapid technological development,” Lukman said.
According to him, if APC opens itself through membership recruitment, the debate around the issue of whether there is a credible and verifiable membership register will not be taking place.
“Rather, appropriate steps should have been taken to ensure the existence of a credible and verifiable membership register.
“This may be a case of improving on what is already in existence. To improve on what exists may have to involve all structures of the party, so that the question of managing the membership register is also not in dispute.
“For instance, how members are recruited would have a lot of implication in terms of the format that would be used to guarantee participation.
“Take for instance, the argument that APC membership register is domicile on the Cloud. Who upload it to the Cloud with whose authority and who is managing it?
“How was it generated in the first place? Are the members of the APC in the register that is said to exist on the Cloud, financial members? Who did they pay their membership dues to?
He recalled that immediately after the merger exercise, which produced the APC between 2013 and 2015, the party was working towards establishing computerised membership data centre for the whole country.
Lukman said the project was abandoned due to the challenges facing the party then.
= = =
Edited By: Felix Ajide (NAN)
This News article: DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration is by Abdulwahab Deji and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
The United Kingdom chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has described its late member, Dr Dapo Williams, as a champion who fought many political wars to bring Nigerians in the Diaspora into repute.
Mr Ade Omole, the leader of the chapter, said this in a statement issued on Sunday in Abuja by Mr Jacob Ogunseye, its Publicity Secretary.
Omole also said that the deceased, who died at 61, fought to ensure the unity of Nigerians in the Diaspora and the development of the APC in the UK.
“On behalf of APC UK chapter and with a heavy heart, I would like to announce the passing of Otunba Dapo Williams,
“He was one of the senior members of APC UK chapter and a leader within the Nigerian UK Diaspora community.
“Otunba Williams was an active member of the party, former leader of the Buhari Support Organisation and Chairman Emeritus of Nigeria Think Tank Group (NTTG),” Omole said.
He said Williams contributed immensely to the success of various developmental initiatives geared toward bringing Nigerians in the Diaspora into repute.
Omole urged members of the party to condole with the family of the deceased while awaiting the burial arrangements, adding that he would be forever remembered.
He also prayed God to give his family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss and grant his soul eternal rest.
According to the statement, the deceased was also a Board of Trustees (BOT) member of NTTG, United Kingdom
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Williams, who died in London, was a graduate of University of Salford, University of Cambridge and Harvard Business School.
He was on the frontline of mobilising support from Nigerians in Diaspora to assist the Federal Government’s efforts in battling COVID-19 as a member of the Nigerian Diaspora COVID-19 Eradication Support Group.
Edited By: Shuaib Sadiq/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
This News article: APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams is by Emmanuel Mogbede and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Ismail Danbaba, has won the bye-election for the Nasarawa Central State Constituency in the state House of Assembly.
Mr Iiyasu Umar, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Returning Officer, announced the result of the bye-election conducted on Saturday in Nasarawa.
Announcing the result, Umar said the APC candidate scored 7,475 to defeat Mr Bage Nuhu of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) who got 4,608 votes.
He said that during the bye-election, 12,217 votes were cast, while 12,083 valid votes were recorded with 134 rejected votes.
“By the power conferred on me as the Returning Officer of this election, I hereby declared the APC candidate the winner, having scored the highest number of votes cast,’’ he declared.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that INEC scheduled the Nasarawa Central bye-election following the death of the member representing Nasarawa Central constituency at the state House of Assembly, Alhaji Suleiman Adamu (APC), on April 30.
Edited By: Tayo Ikujuni/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
This News article: APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election is by Awayi Kuje and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
- Gwamna Fayemi yayi zaman makokin tsohon dan majalisar dokokin jihar Ekiti, Fakiyesi
- Sanwo-Olu ya ba da izinin kulawar asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena
- Ex-Rep wants Obaseki impeached over alleged breach of constitution
- DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
- PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC
- APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
- Congress: PDP elects 39 party executives in Bauchi
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe
- PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election
- Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s running mate ‘ll APC’s chance – Party Chieftain
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo
- WHO ta kara yin amfani da COVID-19, binciken TB tare da gwajin wayar hannu a cikin al'ummomin Kaduna
- Buhari ya gana da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar Edo APC, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa
- NGF pledges to provide support for performance assessment of states
- Gwamna Bagudu ya kafa kwamitin da zai mayar da mahajjata kudin Hajji
- Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- COVID-19: BEDC donates 100 motoriised hand washing machines to states, others
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Oyo Assembly to screen commissioner-nominee, Idowu-Oyeleke, Aug. 11
- We will resist attempt to illegally take over Edo Assembly, says Obaseki
- Zan rage ababen more rayuwa a Oyo, in ji Makinde
- COVID-19 real, Ohaneze ya gargaɗi yan kasuwa a Cross River
- Babu wani shiri da zai shigar da 'yan Boko Haram din da suka tuba zuwa aikin soja – Fadar Shugaban kasa
- Kwamishinan na Delta ya girmama saboda yaƙar COVID-19
- COVID-19: PTF ta gabatar da rahoto na wucin gadi, ta kira don bincika mai yawa ga mutanen da suka kamu da cutar
- Al’umman Ogbomoso sun yabi Buhari saboda girmama marigayi Firayim Ministan
- Sarkin Bauchi ya sake nada Bello Kirfi a matsayin Waziri na Bauchi
- Jam'iyyar APC ta tabbatar da mutuwar shugaban kungiyar A'Ibom
- Mutuwar ɗalibin: FG ta buga masana'antar Ibadan
- Obi ya rantsar da wanda zai maye gurbin shugaban karamar hukumar Asari-Toru a jihar Ribas
- Nestlé Nigeria ta nada sabon MD
- Obaseki ya musanta zargin da aka ba kamfanin ICPC na ba da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Obaseki ta musanta zargin da aka bayar na bayar da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Gwamnatin Obaseki ta dawo da girman kai, mutuncin mutanen Edo – Shaibu
- Gwamna AbdulRazaq ya kafa kwamitin bincike kan kadarorin Kwara
- Buhari ya taya sabon Shugaban NMA, Farfesa Innocent Ujah murnar zaben
- Tsohon dan majalisan ya bayyana shugaban PDP Ondo
- Iyakataccen hanzarinku akan manyan hanyoyi don gujewa hadarurruka, FRSC ta bukaci masu motoci
- Opposition lawmakers leading anti-corruption investigations says Elumelu