Hukumar Zabe Mai Zaman Kanta ta Kasa (INEC), a ranar Laraba, ta ce jam’iyyun siyasa uku sun sauya sunayen ‘yan takarar su kamar yadda suka cancanci shiga zaben gwamna na Edo, wanda aka shirya gudanarwa ranar 19 ga Satumba.
Mista Festus Okoye, kwamishinan INEC na kasa kuma shugaban kwamitin, Kwamitin Yada Labarai da Ilimin masu jefa kuri'a ne ya bayyana hakan a wata hira da yayi da Kamfanin Dillancin Labarai na Najeriya a Abuja.
Dangane da Okoye, kungiyar Action Alliance (AA), Labour Party (LP) da African Democratic Congress (ADC) sune jam’iyyu ukun da suka cimma yarjejeniyar ranar 13 ga Yuli don ficewa da sauya fasalin ‘yan takara a zaben jihar.
Ya bayyana cewa kungiyar AA ta sauya dan takarar gwamna, Edemakhiota Osaimiamia tare da Obhafuoso Paul; yayin da LP ya maye gurbin Omogbelehan Pauline tare da Omobayo Marvelous a matsayin mataimakiyar gwamna mai ci a zaben.
Ya kuma kara da cewa ADC ta gabatar da nata dan takarar gwamna a baya, Mabel Oboh tare da Akhigbe Ehiabhi; ya kuma maye gurbin Mabel Oboh tare da Reuben Edokpayi a matsayin dan takarar mataimakin gwamna na yanzu.
Okoye ya lura cewa Sashe na 35 na dokar Zabe ta tanada cewa dan takarar na iya janye takararsa ta hanyar sanarwa a rubuce da ya rattaba hannu tare da shi da kansa ga jam’iyyun siyasa da suka zabe shi a zaben.
Ya ce sashin ya kuma ba da shawarar cewa jam’iyyun siyasa za su isar da irin wannan ficewa ga Hukumar ba sai bayan kwanaki 45 ba a gudanar da zaben.
"A ƙarshen lokacin janyewa da sauyawa, jam'iyyun siyasa uku sun aiwatar da abubuwan cire da kuma maye gurbinsu.
“Jam'iyyun siyasa ne suka kwashe da kuma sauya sunan 'yan takarar kuma suka yi magana da Hukumar.
"Wasikar ficewa daga 'yan takarar ana kawo ta ne ta bangarorin jam'iyyunsu kuma ba a ba hukumar izinin daukaka lullubin domin bincika ko wasikar' yan takarar ta gaskiya ce ko a'a.
“Kwamitin yana karbar aiki ne ta hanyar sadarwa daga shuwagabannin da sakatariyar jam’iyyun siyasa kuma ba ya karbar, nishadi ko aiki a kan wasiku da sadarwa daga masu neman takara ko masu takara da suka shafi gabatar da sunayen, korar su da wasu abubuwa.
Okoye ya ce "Duk wani batun ko kalubale ko wata matsala ta haƙiƙanin gaskiya ko in ba haka ba, ba za a sake amfani da su ba a cikin jam’iyyun siyasa kuma hukumar ba ta da rawar da za ta taka."
NAN ya tunatar da cewa INEC ta fitar da jadawalin da jadawalin ayyukan don zaben Gwamnonin Edo a ranar 6 ga Fabrairu.
Dangane da tsarin lokaci da jadawalin ayyukan, an ba 13 ga Yuli a matsayin ranar karshe don ficewa daga candidatean takara ()an takara), kuma mai yuwuwar sauya candidatesan takara da jam’iyyun siyasa suka yi daidai da sashe na 35 na dokar zaɓe.
Edited Daga: Felix Ajide (NAN)
Wannan Labarin: Labaran Edo: AA, LP, ADC wanda ya maye gurbin Oloniruha Emmanuel ne kuma ya fara bayyana a kan https://nnn.com.ng/.
PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election
Mr Salihu Lukman, Director-General, Progressives Governors’ Forum (PGF), has urged the National Campaign Council of All Progressives Congress (APC) for Edo governorship election to focus its campaign on the party’s numerous achievements in the state.
Lukman said this in a statement in Abuja on Friday, saying that the council should ensure that APC campaign messages highlited all developmental projects of the APC administration of Gov. Godwin Obaseki.
“As part of those steps, it should ensure that APC campaign messages appropriate all development achievements recorded under the APC administration of Gov. Godwin Obaseki.
“In addition, we must take steps to also cut the oxygen supply to Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) campaign, which is presenting our party and our candidate as promoters of violence.
“Our campaign for the Edo election should therefore amplify messages of peace and what we need to do to achieve that.
“Having come out of a very difficult crisis, our leaders and all our party members must be vigilant to ensure that our politics is not recklessly managed as to reduce us to the level of just working to win elections by all means. That is far from progressive politics,” he said.
He added: “our leaders did not make all the sacrifices they made to achieve the merger of 2013 and resolve our last leadership crisis just because we want to win elections by all means, including through violent conducts.
“As progressives, our commitment to winning elections must be about earning the confidence of citizens. If anything, President Muhammadu Buhari should be our model at all times, especially when it borders on conducting political campaigns.
“It is to his credit that he never associates his political campaigns with violence since 2003, which is partly the reason why he could host his political campaigns with mammoth crowd running into millions without any violent incident.”
Lukman said that the APC needed to live up to its name by regulating the conducts of its leaders, especially during election campaign.
“We cannot claim to be progressives and conduct ourselves in an unaccountable manner. PDP cannot hold our politics hostage through the use of violence, and we come as APC, seeking to defeat them through violence.
“After recording much progress in the country by ensuring higher political competition based on which our people are able to vote and their votes count, only to turn around and begin to accommodate conducts of some of our leaders which promote the behaviour that election is about conquest.
“Once, as a party we are unable to check that then we lose our progressive orientation.
“Being progressives come with a commitment to develop our politics and ensure that political development guarantees freedom to elect leaders, which should also promote our socio-economic development.
“We need to be wary at the global trend whereby political campaigns only highlight problems based on a strategy of dismissing governments.
“While recognising that there are legitimate grounds to constantly critique our governments, objectivity would require that we go beyond the convenient boundaries of political sentiments.
“We need to at all times, as progressives, be able to assess our governments to determine whether we are making progress or not,” he said.
The APC Caretaker Committee Chairman, Gov. Mai Mala Buni of Yobe, had recently inaugurated the Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje led-campaign council to campaign for the party’s candidate, Mr Osagie Ize-Iyamu, ahead of the Sept. 19, governorship election.
Edited By: Kevin Okunzuwa/Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
This News article: PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election is by Abdulwahab Deji and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Friday at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, received Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Edo.
Ize-Iyamu, who was earlier presented with APC’s flag for Edo governorship election by President Muhammadu Buhari, was accompanied to the vice president’s office by Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Ganduje heads the 49-member APC National Campaign Council on Edo Election.
Ize-Iyamu told State House correspondents afterward that the visit was to show the vice president the flag that was presented to him by the president and leadership of the party.
He said that the vice president was delighted, prayed for the party’s success and said everyone was committed to APC’s victory in the forthcoming poll.
“Of course, he also commended Gov. Ganduje for the way he has handled the campaign so far.
” He enjoined us to ensure that no matter the provocation from the other side; we should try to run a very peaceful campaign; we promised him we will do so.
“You will notice that we have been very peaceful in everything we have been doing; my nomination was peaceful; even when they were destroying our bill boards, rather than retaliate, we simply went to report to security agencies.
“So, we have no intention of being violent; we have talked to our supporters and we are confident that they will also be peace-abiding.
“My only appeal is that the PDP and the governor should realise that election is not do or die and should allow the will of the people to prevail and let’s do it as peacefully as possible,’’ he said.
On his part, Ganduje said that all stakeholders had heard what INEC said about peaceful election in the state.
According to him, the party is appealing to its members to be peaceful as they have been and should not allow themselves to be provoked.
“ Our own card is that of mobilisation; we have various mobilisation committees working in various communities on our side.
“And luckily enough, the governor has failed his people; that is a big advantage to the APC,’’ he said.
The Edo governorship election is scheduled for Sept. 19.
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
This News article: Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo is by Chijioke Okoronkwo and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
Buhari ya gana da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar Edo APC, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa
Shugaban kasa Muhammadu Buhari a ranar Juma’a ya gana a bayan gida tare da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar All Progressives Congress (APC) a Edo, Fasto Osagie Ize-Iyamu.
Kamfanin Dillancin Labarai na NAN ya ruwaito cewa Ize-Iyamu ne ya jagoranci wannan taron da Gov. Mai Mala Buni na Yobe, wanda kuma shi ne shugaban Kwamitin Kula da Jam’iyyar APC.
Gwamnonin Abdullahi Ganduje na jihar Kano, Atiku Bagudu na Kebbi suma sun raka dan takarar APC zuwa villa.
NAN, Howevery, ya lura cewa shugaban jam’iyyar APC na kasa, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, wanda shima daga Edo bai halarci wurin taron ba.
Bayani daga baya
Wannan Labarin: Buhari ya sadu da dan takarar gwamna na jam'iyyar APC na Edo, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa ta Ismaila Chafe ne kuma ya fara bayyana https://nnn.com.ng/.
Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar says the unfolding political development in Edo is a threat to constitutional order.
Abubakar, in his verified tweeter handle on Thursday, urged the forces behind the development to reign in their proxies, and abide by the rule of law to allow the people elect who they wanted to govern them.
“Nigeria has been on the edge due to the brinkmanship of those charged with the constitutional leadership.
“We must, as a nation, not escalate the already tense atmosphere in our polity.
“What is happening in Edo is a threat to constitutional order nationwide.
“I strongly urge belligerent forces to reign in their proxies, and abide by the rule of law.
“As I have previously said, without the rule of law, there will be no rule at all.
The current goings-on portend grave danger, not only to law and order in that state, but to the coming Edo elections.
“The people of Edo should be allowed to choose who they wish to govern them, and that choice is to be made on Sept. 19.
“Pending then, everything legally possible must be done to preserve the status quo,” Atiku said.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Kayode Olaitan (NAN)
This News article: Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku is by Oloniruha Emmanuel and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
- Gwamna Fayemi yayi zaman makokin tsohon dan majalisar dokokin jihar Ekiti, Fakiyesi
- Sanwo-Olu ya ba da izinin kulawar asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena
- Ex-Rep wants Obaseki impeached over alleged breach of constitution
- DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
- PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC
- APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
- Congress: PDP elects 39 party executives in Bauchi
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe
- PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election
- Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s running mate ‘ll APC’s chance – Party Chieftain
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo
- WHO ta kara yin amfani da COVID-19, binciken TB tare da gwajin wayar hannu a cikin al'ummomin Kaduna
- Buhari ya gana da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar Edo APC, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa
- NGF pledges to provide support for performance assessment of states
- Gwamna Bagudu ya kafa kwamitin da zai mayar da mahajjata kudin Hajji
- Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- COVID-19: BEDC donates 100 motoriised hand washing machines to states, others
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Oyo Assembly to screen commissioner-nominee, Idowu-Oyeleke, Aug. 11
- We will resist attempt to illegally take over Edo Assembly, says Obaseki
- Zan rage ababen more rayuwa a Oyo, in ji Makinde
- COVID-19 real, Ohaneze ya gargaɗi yan kasuwa a Cross River
- Babu wani shiri da zai shigar da 'yan Boko Haram din da suka tuba zuwa aikin soja – Fadar Shugaban kasa
- Kwamishinan na Delta ya girmama saboda yaƙar COVID-19
- COVID-19: PTF ta gabatar da rahoto na wucin gadi, ta kira don bincika mai yawa ga mutanen da suka kamu da cutar
- Al’umman Ogbomoso sun yabi Buhari saboda girmama marigayi Firayim Ministan
- Sarkin Bauchi ya sake nada Bello Kirfi a matsayin Waziri na Bauchi
- Jam'iyyar APC ta tabbatar da mutuwar shugaban kungiyar A'Ibom
- Mutuwar ɗalibin: FG ta buga masana'antar Ibadan
- Obi ya rantsar da wanda zai maye gurbin shugaban karamar hukumar Asari-Toru a jihar Ribas
- Nestlé Nigeria ta nada sabon MD
- Obaseki ya musanta zargin da aka ba kamfanin ICPC na ba da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Obaseki ta musanta zargin da aka bayar na bayar da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Gwamnatin Obaseki ta dawo da girman kai, mutuncin mutanen Edo – Shaibu
- Gwamna AbdulRazaq ya kafa kwamitin bincike kan kadarorin Kwara
- Buhari ya taya sabon Shugaban NMA, Farfesa Innocent Ujah murnar zaben
- Tsohon dan majalisan ya bayyana shugaban PDP Ondo
- Iyakataccen hanzarinku akan manyan hanyoyi don gujewa hadarurruka, FRSC ta bukaci masu motoci
- Opposition lawmakers leading anti-corruption investigations says Elumelu