Gov. Douye Diri of Bayelsa has described Tuesday’s Supreme Court victory as God’s divine intervention in the affairs of his administration.
Diri said this at the King of Glory Chapel, Government House, Yenagoa, at a brief thanksgiving service to celebrate the dismissal of a pre-election suit challenging his candidature in the Nov. 16, 2019, governorship poll.
Chief Timi Alaibe had in a suit challenged Diri’s emergence as governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the primaries held in September 2019.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that top government officials and party supporters gathered at the service to thank God for the Supreme Court victory.
Diri, represented by the Deputy Governor, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo, dedicated the victory to God and called on Bayelsa people, including the opposition, to join hands with him in building the state.
He said that Bayelsa people could not afford divisive tendencies capable of jeopardising the efforts of the present administration to move the state forward.
Diri also expressed gratitude to the Supreme Court for its uprightness and incorruptibility in the dispensation of justice.
The judgment, according to him, has further rekindled the people’s confidence in the Judiciary.
“This victory again shows that power comes from God alone. We also want to thank God for giving us, mortal and sinful people, the opportunity to serve this state.
“As you are aware, there has been a lot of hype about this case. But we thank God, He has proved His supremacy over the affairs of men.
“You can see that even the elements are celebrating today. The showers of blessings are raining in Bayelsa.
“Right from the Federal High Court, Owerri, it has been the same song that Gov. Diri has no case to answer.
“The same song was repeated at the Appeal Court and now the final court in the land has also said he has no case.
“While we are basking in the euphoria of this victory, we want to use this opportunity to again call on all Bayelsans of all shades, colours, heights and dialects to join the prosperity administration to build our state.
“This is because together we can make progress than this division we are creating for ourselves,” he said.
Speaking with newsmen shortly after the service, the governor’s wife, Mrs Gloria Diri, attributed the victory to God.
She noted that the victory would provide the much needed stability for her husband and his team to drive the properity agenda of his administration.
The governor’s wife assured the women of empowerment programmes and other dividends of democracy.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
This News article: Supreme Court judgment: Gov. Diri dedicates victory to God is by Nathan Nwakamma and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
Attack: Governors express solidarity with Gov. Zulum
The Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, on Monday expressed solidarity with Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno and the people of the state over Wednesday’s attack by suspected Boko Haram insurgents in Baga.
The governors expressed the solidarity in a letter issued by the Chairman of the forum and Gov. Kayode Fayemi In Abuja.
Fayemi, while condemning the attack, expressed the forum’s solidarity to the governor to tackle the menance of insecurity.
“This is one unwarranted attack too many. It epitomizes our collective vulnerability and the fragility of the country’s security architecture.
“Although you emerged from this incident unscathed, we note with regret the injuries sustained by two members of the Civilian Joint Task Force and a Police Officer attached to your convoy and do accordingly pray for their quick recovery.
“Mr Governor, Forum members are resolutely behind you in your effort to rid Borno State of these dastardly and wicked agents of evil.”
Fayemi said that the governors were appalled by the worsening security situation in the country generally, in spite of all the efforts of government to end it.
“On our part, the NEC Sub-Committee on Security will be meeting tomorrow and rising from the resolutions thereof soon dialogue with Mr. President and the nation’s Security Chiefs to discuss this worrisome and rapidly degenerating situation.
“On a final note, Mr Governor, we thank God for always being merciful.”
Edited By: Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
This News article: Attack: Governors express solidarity with Gov. Zulum is by Oloniruha Emmanuel and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
Pensioners throw weight behind Gov. Obaseki’s 2nd term bid
Some pensioners in Dagbala, Akoko Edo Local Government Area of Edo, on Monday commended Gov. Godwin Obaseki for his prompt payment of salaries pensions.
Mr Rufus Adogame, who spoke on behalf of the pensioners in the area, gave the commendation at Dagbara Ward 5 Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) gubernatorial campaign ground.
“In the past, pensioners did get their pay after two or three months. But Obaseki has changed this narrative. We now get our pay as early as between the 24th and 26th of each month.
“We are here today to campaign for Gov. Godwin Obaseki’s second term election and we are sure of his victory.
“Today, we want to assure him that we are ready to work for his re-election. His developmental strides have qualified him to contest under our great party, PDP,” he said.
Adogame further said that the people were happy for all the great things Obaseki was doing for them, and that they would mobilise for his re-election on Sept. 19.
Also speaking, a former House of Representatives member, Mr Tunde Akogun, said that the people needed a man that was honest and committed to the development of the state.
“We all know the history of how pensioners took over the streets of Benin, but today that narrative has been changed by Gov. Godwin Obaseki,” he said.
Akogun called on the people to come out in their large numbers to re-elect the governor at the Sept. 19 governorship poll.
Edited By: Ejike Obeta (NAN)
This News article: Pensioners throw weight behind Gov. Obaseki’s 2nd term bid is by Monday Ajogun and it appeared first on https://nnn.com.ng/.
Gov. Lalong ya taya Archbishop Kaigama @ 62 murna
Gov. Simon Lalong na Filato ya taya Archbishop Ignatius Kaigama na Katolika Archdiocese na Abuja murnar zagayowar ranar haihuwarsa shekara 62 wanda ya yi bikin ranar Juma'a, 31 ga Yuli.
A wani sakon taya murna da Daraktan yada labarai da harkokin jama'a, Dakta Makut Macham, ya fitar a ranar Lahadi a garin Jos, ya bayyana malamin a matsayin mutumin Allah wanda kishinsa da tabbatar da zaman lafiya da adalci ya kasance almara.
Ya bayyana mai gabatar da kara a matsayin mai bayar da goyon baya ga zaman lafiya, wanda ya yi aiki tukuru lokacin da yake Archbishop na Jos, don samar da zaman lafiya a tsakanin kungiyoyi daban-daban na jihar.
Lalong ya yaba wa Kaigama saboda amfani da dandamalinsa na kawo kungiyoyi daban-daban a Filato don tattaunawa, yafe wa juna da kuma yin sulhu da juna ba tare da la'akari da bambance-bambance ba.
“Ba za mu iya godewa Alherin sa ba, Akbishop Kaigama, ya isa ga rawar da ya taka wajen tabbatar da cewa an dawo da zaman lafiya a Filato.
"Ya nuna ainihin gaskiyar kaunar Allah ta hanyar rungumar mutane daga kabilu daban-daban na addini, kabila da zamantakewa tare da sanya su kaunar juna a kowane lokaci," in ji Lalong.
Lalong ya yi fatan Akbishop Allah ya kare shi da zaman lafiya, ya ce Filato za ta ci gaba da zama gidansa saboda girmamawar da mutanen da ke wurin suke yi a gare shi.
Ya ce hakan ya kasance ne saboda kauna, karimci da yardarm da ya nuna musu a cikin shekarun da ya yi yana wa'azin bishara a cikin jihar.
Ya yi addu’ar Allah ya sanya alheri da hikima su cigaba da kasancewa tare dashi domin sauke ayyukan sa na makiyaya a matsayin Archbishop na Abuja da himma.
Kamfanin Dillancin Labaran Najeriya ya bayar da rahoton cewa Ignatius Kaigama an haife shi ne a ranar 31 ga Yuli, 1958 a Taraba kuma an nada shi firist na katolika a 1981.
Ya kasance Archbishop na Jos daga 2000 zuwa 2019.
Edited Daga: Chioma Ugboma / Peter Dada (NAN)
Wannan Labari na Labari: Gov. Lalong yana taya Archbishop Kaigama @ 62 ta Martha Agas kuma ya fara bayyana a kan https://nnn.com.ng/.
Gov. Fayemi ya taya tsohon Sakataren Kiwan lafiya, Adelusi Adeluyi murnar shekara 80
Gov. Kayode Fayemi na Ekiti a ranar Asabar ya taya tsohon Sakataren Kiwon Lafiya, Julius Adelusi-Adeluyi murnar cikar sa shekaru 80 da haihuwa, yana mai bayyana shi a matsayin mutum mai nagarta a harkar bayar da sabis.
Fayemi, a sakon taya murna da aka gabatar wa Kamfanin Dillancin Labarai na Najeriya a Ado Ekiti a ranar Asabar, ya kara da cewa "kyakkyawan rayuwar Adeluyi ne mai haske, nagartacce da kuma rarrabewa".
Adelusi-Adeluyi shi ne sakataren lafiya na kasar a lokacin gwamnatin wucin gadi ta (ING) da Chief Ernest Shonekan ya jagoranta.
Adelusi-Adeluyi, mashahuri ne kan harkar harhada magunguna, a yanzu haka shi neChairman, Kwamitin Yankin jihar kaduna na COVID-19 (COVID-19).
Kwamitin zai tattaro albarkatun don kawar da cutar ta kwalara a jihar.
Gwamnan ya lura cewa tsohon ministan kiwon lafiya yana da wata madaidaiciyar hanya ta fice a duk abin da yake yi.
Fayemi ya bayyana masanin harkar harhada magungunan gargajiya na Ado Ekiti a matsayin mai kishin kasa.
Ya bayyana cewa, mawakiyar ta yi tasiri sosai a Najeriya musamman a Ekiti inda a yanzu haka tana taka muhimmiyar rawa a yakin da ta yi da coronavirus a matsayin shugaban Kwamitin Kula da Kayayyaki na COVID-19.
Ya ce Adelusi-Adeluyi ya kawo kyakkyawar fata da kuma tuntuɓar sa da yawa don jingina aikin kwamitin ta hanyar ba da gudummawa da kuma tattara hanyoyin sadarwa da keɓaɓɓun mutane don ba da gudummawa ga asusun Kwamitin.
“Ina matukar alfahari da rayuwar ku ta yau da kullun, kwarjini da fice a matsayin daya daga cikin gumakan Ekiti da suka yi matukar tasiri ga Najeriya a matsayin tafarkin tafiya a hanyoyi da yawa.
Fayemi ya ce "Ina gaishe ku da kishin naku wanda ya nuna a lokuta da yawa, ciki har da gano wani reshe na shahararren Juli Pharmacy a Ado Ekiti," in ji Fayemi.
Gwamnan ya bayyana tsohuwar minista a matsayin daya daga cikin masana masana'antu a kasar, masu gudanar da kasuwanci da masu bayar da agaji.
Ya bukaci matasa da su yi koyi da gwagwarmayar Adelusi-Adeluyi, kishin kasa da kuma jajircewarsu wajen kima.
Edited Daga: Emmanuel Nwoye / Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
Wannan Labarin Labaran: Gov. Fayemi yana taya tsohon Sakatare na Kiwon lafiya, Adelusi Adeluyi mai shekaru 80 ta Ariwodola Idowu kuma ya fara bayyana a kan https://nnn.com.ng/.
- Gwamna Fayemi yayi zaman makokin tsohon dan majalisar dokokin jihar Ekiti, Fakiyesi
- Sanwo-Olu ya ba da izinin kulawar asibiti na kwana 7 don cire manyan motoci, kwantena
- Ex-Rep wants Obaseki impeached over alleged breach of constitution
- DG APC Governors Forum tasks membership on participation, registration
- PDP BOT Chairman seeks conduct of LG election by INEC
- APC in UK pays tributes to late Dapo Williams
- Congress: PDP elects 39 party executives in Bauchi
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- COVID-19: Lagos discharges 27 Nigerians, 5 foreigners
- Delta PDP returns Esiso as state chairman
- Senate President Lawan sponsors wedding for 300 less-privileged, orphans in Yobe
- PGF DG tasks APC Campaign Council on Edo governorship election
- Ondo 2020: Akeredolu’s running mate ‘ll APC’s chance – Party Chieftain
- 20,000 to benefit from NEDC Education Endowment Trust Fund — Chairman
- Anambra Assembly seeks intensified fight against rape, support for victims
- NASS working to strengthen Nigeria’s anti-graft laws — Omo-Agege
- Osinbajo receives Ize-Iyamu, Ganduje, sues for peaceful campaign in Edo
- WHO ta kara yin amfani da COVID-19, binciken TB tare da gwajin wayar hannu a cikin al'ummomin Kaduna
- Buhari ya gana da dan takarar gwamna na jam’iyyar Edo APC, Ize Iyamu a fadar Villa
- NGF pledges to provide support for performance assessment of states
- Gwamna Bagudu ya kafa kwamitin da zai mayar da mahajjata kudin Hajji
- Happening in Edo threat to constitutional order – Atiku
- INEC introduces election result viewing portal
- INEC threatens to halt Edo, Ondo polls if there is violence
- Credible election in Edo will rekindle Nigerians’ hope- Secondus
- LASG calls for synergy among security agencies
- APC appoints acting state chairman in Akwa Ibom
- COVID-19: BEDC donates 100 motoriised hand washing machines to states, others
- INEC to clear materials for previous elections
- Oyo Assembly to screen commissioner-nominee, Idowu-Oyeleke, Aug. 11
- We will resist attempt to illegally take over Edo Assembly, says Obaseki
- Zan rage ababen more rayuwa a Oyo, in ji Makinde
- COVID-19 real, Ohaneze ya gargaɗi yan kasuwa a Cross River
- Babu wani shiri da zai shigar da 'yan Boko Haram din da suka tuba zuwa aikin soja – Fadar Shugaban kasa
- Kwamishinan na Delta ya girmama saboda yaƙar COVID-19
- COVID-19: PTF ta gabatar da rahoto na wucin gadi, ta kira don bincika mai yawa ga mutanen da suka kamu da cutar
- Al’umman Ogbomoso sun yabi Buhari saboda girmama marigayi Firayim Ministan
- Sarkin Bauchi ya sake nada Bello Kirfi a matsayin Waziri na Bauchi
- Jam'iyyar APC ta tabbatar da mutuwar shugaban kungiyar A'Ibom
- Mutuwar ɗalibin: FG ta buga masana'antar Ibadan
- Obi ya rantsar da wanda zai maye gurbin shugaban karamar hukumar Asari-Toru a jihar Ribas
- Nestlé Nigeria ta nada sabon MD
- Obaseki ya musanta zargin da aka ba kamfanin ICPC na ba da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Obaseki ta musanta zargin da aka bayar na bayar da kwangilar da ba ta dace ba
- Gwamnatin Obaseki ta dawo da girman kai, mutuncin mutanen Edo – Shaibu
- Gwamna AbdulRazaq ya kafa kwamitin bincike kan kadarorin Kwara
- Buhari ya taya sabon Shugaban NMA, Farfesa Innocent Ujah murnar zaben
- Tsohon dan majalisan ya bayyana shugaban PDP Ondo
- Iyakataccen hanzarinku akan manyan hanyoyi don gujewa hadarurruka, FRSC ta bukaci masu motoci
- Opposition lawmakers leading anti-corruption investigations says Elumelu