Healthy life: Doctor counsels over 40 year-olds
Dr Raymond Aigbovo, a medical doctor at Asokoro District General Hospital, Abuja, has advised Nigerians, especially 40-year-olds and above, to imbibe the culture of annual comprehensive medical check to ensure healthy life.
Aigbovo gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NNN) on Friday in Abuja.
He said that annual comprehensive medical check was imperative because as one gets older, the tendency of coming down with some illnesses could arise.
He also said that the test and medical checks was necessary as it helps in early diagnosis and detection of diseases which helped in high chances of treatment and survival.
According to him, doctors’ work with the knowledge to save lives and when a case is presented early, the chances of survival is high.
“When a medical challenge is brought in late or when deteriorated, it will be difficult to save the life of the patient.
“But if a case is presented on time, the possibility of cure and survival is high because we are doctors and scientists not magicians,” he said.
The medical expert urged patients to always eat right and also inculcate exercise in their routine to live a healthy life.
Aigbovo said that going for annual medical check was another way of taking care of one’s health and urged the people to make it part of their lifestyle. (NNN)
Edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Muhammad Suleiman Tola
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC