Kada Stars have won all their five matches so far and are poised to successfully defend their title, even as the Lagos side struggled to snatch a point in the encounter.
Spectators at the hockey pitch of the Moshood Abiola National Stadium were thrilled to an exciting performance by both teams however.
The defending champions appeared more dogged and relaxed as Linus Kelichi slotted home a beautiful goal from the arc in the 13th minute.
Stallions struggled to equalise and had an opportunity in the third quarter but the goal was disallowed by the umpire.
Coach Okwudili Menyei looked frustrated as he contested the decisions of the umpire as the game wore off to an end.
But, after the game, he said he would not blame the team’s loss on officiating.
“There were some officiating errors, but we won’t blame the officials. The officials can make mistakes. They are humans and are prone to mistakes,’’ Menyei said.
“We had a goal but it was disallowed and it was so obvious that we earned it. But we didn’t let that bring us down or slow down our game. Kada Stars had their chance and took it.
“Now, we have two more games to go in this competition. We need to focus and let the past be behind us.’’
On his part, Idana Baba-Abdullahi, the head coach of Kada Stars, praised his team for a job well done.
“The players had a nice game today because we were prepared.We had the best of trainings and came out with a good result.
“This is the toughest match we have played so far and we didn’t want to make mistakes. We also wanted to play with less energy because we have other tougher matches,’’ Baba-Abdullahi said.
NAN reports that Stallions have won only one match in their five appearances at the ongoing competition, where eight teams are currently participating in a round-robin format league.
(Edited by Joseph Edeh and Olawale Alabi)
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law