Ikeja, March 13, 2019 A 32 -year-old housewife, Ruth Emehelu, on Wednesday appeared in an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stabbing a 15-year-old domestic staff with a knife for coming home late from an errand
The police charged Emehelu, who resides at Papa Ashafa, Agege, Lagos, with assault.
The Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, said the defendant committed the offence in January at her residence.
He said that the defendant assaulted the girl who was kept in her custody with a knife for coming home late after being sent on an errand.
The prosecutor alleged that the defendant, who always maltreats the girl, beat and inflicted injuries on her head with a knife.
The offence, he added, contravened the provisions of Section 173 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the Section carries three years imprisonment for assault.
Magistrate Mrs B.O Osunsanmi, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N50, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Osunsanmi ordered that the surety must be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government.
She adjourned the case until April 1 for mention.
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA