Dodo ikire is a special snack popular in the western part of Nigeria. It’s a good idea to make when you have overripe plantains and a little time on your hands.
This recipe serves about 9 people (unless you want to binge eat this snack).
- 3 large plantains with black skins
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil (1/3 palm oil and 2/3 vegetable oil) for frying
- Dice the plantains and mix in the pepper and salt and form into small balls.
- Heat the oil until hot but don’t let it start to smoke.
- Flatten the balls slightly and place them in the hot oil.
- Lower the heat slightly and fry the plantain balls until they are browned.
- Remove with a perforated or slotted spoon and drain in a sieve lined with paper towels.
How To Make Dodo Ikire
NNN.COM.NG is a portal where you can read latest Nigeria News from all Nigerian Newspapers such as such as Punch, Vangaurd, Daily Times, Thisday, Guardian, Nation, Leadership and more, in just one place. NaijaNews aggregates Nigerian News Today and sort them according to their sources, category and relevance as a way of reducing the effort a news reader needs to put in to reading breaking news in Nigeria and across the world.