Gov. Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State says governors in the South West Zone are responding comprehensively to various security challenges as they surface.
Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of the South West Governors Forum, said this on Wednesday in Akure at a church service to mark this year’s Covenant Renewal Day in the state.
He said the state was working in collaboration with sister states to rejig the security architecture of the zone to respond adequately to new challenges.
“It is no longer news that our country is going through security challenges. Therefore, all hands must be on deck to salvage it together.
“We are doing our best to respond comprehensively to the new challenges.
” Ondo State is working in collaboration with sister states in Southwestern Zone to re-jig the security architecture of the zone to make it respond adequately to the new challenges.
“Government has never relented on its efforts to curb crime and criminalities within our boundaries.
” We will continue this until our people can sleep with their two eyes closed.
“Nigeria must survive its challenges and it is possible if we all agree and pray together in unison,” he said.
Akeredolu said the church service was an opportunity to renew strength and pray to God for the future of the state.
“There is, therefore, a compelling need for collaboration of all stakeholders in the task of building a virile and egalitarian society.
“It is indeed heartening to be in the presence of several eminent spiritual leaders of Christian body for the 2019 edition of this special programme.
“It will be recalled that I gladly participated in the last edition because we know that our dear state and indeed Nigeria needs continuous prayers.
“Our administration since inception has partnered the Ondo State chapters of PFN,CAN and other groups in almost all their programmes and events,” he said.
(Edited by Folasade Adeniran/Mufutau Ojo)
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes