Police in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, has reported that a woman identified as Halima Juma, was arrested with 23 ATM cards allegedly tucked inside her private parts.
According to k24TV the 23-year-old was suspected of stealing money from bank users after illegally obtaining their ATM cards.
She was arrested on Tuesday at a bank ATM gallery in Mbagala area of Dar es Salaam when a bank official saw her use different ATM cards of the same bank to withdraw money from ATMs.
“After being busted, Halima, a resident of Chalinze, tried to escape, but she was cornered by the bank’s security guards, who handed her over to police,” the medium reported.
“A body search conducted on her yielded 23 ATM cards that had been hidden in her private parts.”
“The cards were of nine different banks, including Equity, Diamond Trust Bank, CFC Stanbic, NBC, CRDB (the country’s leading bank), NMB, Amana, Posta and ACB”.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse