Telecommunications equipment company
Huawei says will continue support for smartphones , tablets
Huawei made the announcement after Google said it would comply with an order, barring the Chinese company from updates to its Android operating system.
“We have made substantial contributions to the development and growth of Android around the world,” a spokesman said on Monday.
According to the company, Huawei will continue to provide security updates and after-sales services to all existing Huawei smartphone and tablet products.
“It will also cover those that have been sold and that are still in stock globally.
- Court sentences mechanic to 2 years in prison for reckless driving, causing hurt
- South African Airways cancels almost all flights for Friday, Saturday
- 2 men in court over alleged unlawful possession of cartridges
- Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports
- 2 years since arrest, Cambodian journalists await spying verdict
- Exiled Cambodian opposition leader arrives Indonesia
- Italian police seize over a tonne of cocaine in banana container
- Kogi elections: Group urges politicians to eschew violence, hate speech
- 17 injured in blasts at south-eastern Turkey Ammunition depot
- Philippines deports 312 Chinese nationals for telecom fraud
- Indian court delays ruling on ban on women entering Hindu temple
- Health Training Initiative increases accreditation status, academic performance – Registrar
- Oil rises after OPEC’s Barkindo says U.S. shale growth may slow in 2020
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat