The Inspector General of Police (I-G), Mr Mohammed Adamu, has deployed crack detectives to unravel the perpetrators of attack on a commercial bank and police station in Kogi.
He said that the detectives are from the Intelligence Response Team, the Special Tactical Squad and Federal-SARS.
Adamu condemned the Thursday attack on Isanlu police station and a commercial bank in Yagba East Local Government Area of Kogi.
He said that the AIG would oversee the investigations, coordinate intelligence as well as investigate the circumstances surrounding the attack.
Adamu condoled families of the police officers and other persons who lost their lives in the course of duty during the encounter with the hoodlums.
He urged Isanlu Community and people of Kogi to remain calm and avail the police with credible information that would help in the arrest of the criminals.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Edo poll: AA, LP, ADC substitute candidates
- FEC: Ministries of Education, Humanitarian, Finance, others make presentations