The Igbo Youth Assembly (IYA) Worldwide has felicitated with Alhaji Mamman Daura, Nephew and close confidant of President Muhammadu Buhari, on his 80th birthday.
A statement signed on Monday by Mr Ifeanyi Nwaudunna, President General, IYA, and Mr Casmir Irekamba, Secretary General stated that Daura deserved to be celebrated for the sacrifices he made towards the country’s development especially in manufacturing and journalism.
The statement also quoted the IYC leaders as also celebrating Daura who clocked 80 on Saturday, for his commitment to nation building in Aluminum, textile and other establishments.
“We join the Daura Emirate, well-wishers and other Nigerians in celebrating an amiable elder statesman, role model, bridge builder, an exemplary father and a good family man as he turns 80.
“He is a man of great intellect and a stabilising force to the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
“We appeal to the Octogenarian and elder statesman to support youth participation in governance to ensure some leadership roles and positions are given to them to enable them to contribute their quota to nation building and development.
“As he continues to uphold national unity and honour, we pray God Almighty will continually keep him in good health and grant him many more years to serve God and humanity here on earth,” the statement quoted the IYA leaders as saying.
Meanwhile, the IYA also congratulated Muslims in the country as they celebrated this year’s Eid-el-Maulud.
The group enjoined Muslims to imbibe the teachings and edifying virtues of the Prophet Mohammed anchored on peaceful coexistence.
It called on them to work for peace that would promote growth and development of all parts of the country.
“Leaders in the three geopolitical zones should encourage youth development initiatives that would promote good governance and youth empowerment.
“The county needs leaders with enviable records that can mentor our millions of youths seeking political direction with good heart to serve,” the IYA leaders stated.
Edited by Donald Ugwu
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan