SP Stella Ebikefe, Chairman, Nigeria Police Taekwondo, on Thursday said that the Inspector General of Police Taekwondo Championship has improved officers’ self-defence skills.
She disclosed that over eight clubs would be participating in the championship that was highly competitive.
“So far so good, taekwondo has developed tremendously in the rank and file of the Nigeria Police, as it has helped them in self-defence.
“It has really helped police officers to defend themselves during unexpected combat and in competitive events,” she said.
According to Ebikefe, the 8th edition is the first time the event will be holding in Port Harcourt because all the previous editions were held in Lagos.
The chairman of the IGP Taekwondo championship disclosed the Nigeria Army team and individual athletes were invited to challenge the police team.
“This competition is not only for the police, as we invited the army, civilians and others to be part of it to make the police more formidable.
“This is to challenge them as the champions and prepare them to perform better in competitions outside Nigeria, especially for the upcoming Police Taekwondo Championship holding later in New Mexico later in the year,” she added.
The 8th Edition of the IGP Taekwondo Championship is to hold between July 25 and 27 in Port Harcourt.
Edited by Ifeyinwa Omowole
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business