Speaking at the ceremony at the Executive Chambers of the Government House, Umuahia, Ikpeazu said that a strong and progressive judicial system would help to promote good governance and socio-economic growth in Abia.
He said that his administration was at the threshold of breaking new vistas through its numerous intervention programmes but required the support of the judiciary.
He ascribed the achievements of his administration in various sectors of the economy to the support of the judiciary.
He said that the judiciary had a significant role to play in building a better society for future generations.
The governor further said that a strong and reliable judicial system would protect the rights of citizens and promote economic growth.
He said that he was confident that the new judges understood the weight and burden of the responsibility which had been placed on their shoulders.
Ikpeazu said, “I will be counting on you to support the state government to be among states that make between N3 billion and N5 billion of internally generated revenue monthly.”
Responding on behalf of others judges, Justice Benson Anya thanked the governor for giving them the opportunity to serve the people and protect their fundamental human rights.
Anya said: “We are going to work hard on every area of governance that requires support from the judiciary.
“We will ensure that the people receive justice and will discharge our duties in line with the oath we have sworn.”
Nigeria News Agency reports that the other judges included Justices Enyinnaya Okezie and Ogbonna Adiele.
NAN recalls that Anya served as the Chief Registrar of the state High Court, while Okezie served as former state Solicitor-General and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Justice.
Also, Adiele served as a Magistrate of the Aba North Magistrates’ Court.
(Edited by Sam Oditah)
- Waste managers pledge to upgrade disposal trucks for better service
- Police nab man for allegedly killing neighbour with Dane gun in Niger
- Pope to give ‘strictly private’ audience to embattled Maltese premier
- Samoa’s measles death toll rises to 65 amid state of emergency
- Von der Leyen calls for ‘unity’ between Europe, AU
- Tree planting, panacea to climate change problems- Environmentalist
- Eddie Ugbomah, Joke Silva, others honoured with Movie Rock of Fame Award
- Firefighters battle more than 100 blazes across Australian state
- AOC tasks personnel on physical fitness to tackle security challenges
- Kenya gov’t confirms ambush that killed 8 was terrorist attack
- 2019 ZUMA Film Festival closes with grand awards gala
- $900,000 Grant: Niger Govt. to sensitise communities on urban policy
- Jigawa, Chinese Hunan province sign agreement on agriculture
- Missing cash: 4 quizzed NSCDC back to post at Bayelsa govt. house
- U.S. Supreme Court blocks plans to bring back federal death penalty
- MURIC hails Buhari for nomination of new NAHCON boss
- Immigration boss inaugurates new quarter guard
- Insecurity: Niger Govt. donates vehicles, motorcycles to Army
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges