I’ll make Ebonyi a model on job creation, says Umahi
By Uchenna Ugwu
Umahi said this during a ‘Praise Night’ service to mark Nigeria’s 59th independence anniversary and 23rd anniversary of the creation of Ebonyi.
He said that the administration would initiate measures to teach and empower the people on how to create jobs and empower others.
He said: “We are thankful to God for the speedy development going on in the state. And in the next two years to come, the state will be magnificent to behold.
“My means of creating jobs are meant to provide lasting sources of livelihood.”
The governor appreciated God for the partnership between the church and government.
The Government House Chaplain, Eunice Oyeyemi, a pastor, called on people to lay good foundation on God for their future direction and progress.
“Lay your lives on the right foundation of God to eternity, favour and progress,” Oyeyemi said. Nigeria News Agency reports that the event was attended by former governors of the state, top government officials and clergymen, among individuals.
(Edited by Sam Oditah)
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA