Mr Adams Gwamna, the Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Nasarawa State, says he will never contest any election defeat in court, adding that he will rather accept his loss with equanimity.
Gwamna, a two-term member of the state House of Assembly under the platform of PDP, stated this while fielding questions from newsmen on Tuesday, in Nasarawa.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Gwamna contested the February 23 House of Representatives election for Nasarawa/Toto Federal Constituency under the platform of APGA but lost to the APC candidate, Abdulmumini Ari.
The APGA chairman said that he would always accept the outcome of any election with equanimity because “it is not in my habit to challenge the victory of my opponent at tribunal.
“I will never take my opponent to court if I lose in any election; I contested with Rep Abdulmumini Ari and I had promised that I will not go to court if I lost.
“You can see that I have not gone to court to challenge the victory of the APC candidate.
“I play issued-based politics. Yes, I am in opposition but my opposition is issued-based. If you have done well, I will applaud you, but if you fail in your responsibilities, I will criticise you; that is my own kind of politics,” he said.
Gwamna debunked the rumours of his planned defection to APC, saying “it is a rumour. I don’t have the intention of going to APC, for now.
Edited by ‘Wale Sadeeq
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC