With less than 48 hours to the commencement of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) World Relays, Nigeria’s Rosemary Chukwuma says she is ready to prove her mettle in Yokohama, Japan.
NAN reports that no fewer than 790 athletes from various countries of the world would feature at the competition, which holds from May 11 to May 12 in Yokohama.
“I feel very happy going to represent my country again, and I hope and believing God, myself and goodluck, to bring back a medal to my country,’’ she said.
The 100m World Youth Olympics gold medallist said she would not let down her fans and the country.
In the 4x100m event are Rosemary Chukwuma, a 2018 100m Youth Olympic gold medallist; Joy Udo-Gabriel, a 4x100m Commonwealth bronze medallist; Tobi Amusan and Jennifer Madu.
In the 4x200m women are: Yinka Ajayi, Patience Okon-George, Praise Idamadudu and Favour Ofili.
The 4x100m and 4x200m men’s category events include Enoch Adegoke, Jerry Jakpa, Emmanuel Arowolo and Ogho-Oghene Egwero.
The team departed the country for Japan on May 9 through the Abuja International Airport.
- Nasarawa Speaker hails Gov Sule’s victory at Appeal Court
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development
- 200 naval officers commence small arms firing training exercise