I’ll provide good governance, ensure security, says Gov. Masari
Katsina, March 11, 2019 Gov. Aminu Masari of Katsina State, says on Monday his administration will continue to provide good governance and ensure security of lives and property as it moves to the next level.
Masari gave the assurance in a statewide broadcast to thank people of the state on the renewal of his mandate for another four years after the governorship election held on Saturday.
“On behalf of myself, the deputy governor-elect, I hereby accept our renewed mandate for a second term.
“The victory is a vote of confidence and affirmation of trust on what our administration succeeded in achieving in our first term.
“During our first term, we had pact with people of this state that we will live with the fear of Allah and manage your resources judiciously, that we will provide you with security and well being.
“Nothing changes; in fact, if anything, I am here and now reaffirming our commitments to this pact as we move to the next level,’’ he said.
The governor said there was no winner or loser in the election and called for the support of all to move Katsina state to the next level of growth and development.
“As we celebrate our victory, it is important to caution our people that the contest was not between enemies, in Katsina State we do not have losers, everyone is a winner,’’ he stressed.
Masari added: “As we move to the next level, I wish to reaffirm to you, our commitment to promote good governance in our state and prioritise education sector, empowerment and security of our people. I assure you that we will not disappoint.”
The governor commended party leaders and supporters who contributed immensely towards the victory recorded in the governorship and state assembly elections.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy