has stressed the need for improved partnership with relevant stakeholders to move the scheme forward.
He said this when he paid courtesy visit to Nigeria News Agency on Wednesday in Abuja.
He described as an important stakeholder which the NYSC held in high regard.
He added that “on assumption of office, one of my cardinal objectives was to strengthen relationship with stakeholders.
“We need support to really succeed and is one of the credible partners we have.
“When I go on tour of NYSC camps, I see the coverage by , it is quite encouraging. I believe is one of the agencies
that can sensitise Nigerians on the workings of the scheme.”
Ibrahim commended for helping to enlighten the public on the activities of NYSC, stressing that “I believe
Nigerians will want to be enlightened on what NYSC is doing; how the scheme operates, and I believe that can help us in that regard.”
Mr Ibrahim Mammaga, the Editor-in-Chief and acting Managing Director of the agency, who described the DG’s visit
as a sign of respect to , said that the agency was always ready to support NYSC in whatever way it could.
He said “you are always welcome to . Your visit is a sign of respect and good relationship between and NYSC.
“Presently, we have over 10 corps members serving in . It is part of our responsibility to mentor the young ones so that they will also
contribute their quota to national development.
“We appreciate that whenever you have anything, is always involved.
“We are 100 per cent government organisation and that is why we do not get involved in controversial issues.”
The Editor-in-Chief urged the NYSC to take advantage of services to further project the scheme, saying that “in
terms of services, we have the multimedia unit, where we service our clients with audio and video clips for television and radio, as well as
text stories for the print media.
We are here to serve the nation.”
Mammaga added that also has foreign offices to take care of international issues, especially on matters that involve
the integrity of the nation.
Edited by Hadiza Mohammed-Aliyu
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law