Alhaji Modu Barak, Executive Director, Yobe State Council of Arts and Culture, on Thursday pleaded with the Federal Government to provide a permanent site for the annual International Arts and Crafts Exhibition (INAC).
He told the Nigeria News Agency in Abuja, that a permanent site would go a long way to ease logistics for participants of the expo.
Barak said the lack of permanent site for the exhibition of their arts and crafts had hindered some states from participating in the expo.
According to him, the visiting states encounter difficulty transporting their items to different locations yearly.
Barak said that he was aware of the difficulty faced by the organisation to get a permanent site for the yearly exhibition since the center got burnt.
He noted that the organisation had battled with the problem of the permanent site since 2017 when fire gutted the arts and crafts village, which led to the challenge of looking for a suitable site for the expo.
The Executive Director said that they had been participating in the expo since it’s inception in 2008 when it was called African Arts and Crafts Expo, adding that he was delighted for its upgrade to an international expo.
” Our expectations are very high this year, that is why we came prepared. Our traditional gown is one of the artworks that Yobe is identified with and you can see our people wearing the multicolored them.
” We came with our craftsmen and this expo will give them better exposure and also give them an opportunity to synergize.
“We are urging the organizers to have a permanent place or partition and repair the art and craft village that got burnt so that we can showcase our goods,” he said.
Edited by Dorcas Jonah/Ifeyinwa Omowole (NAN)