India‘s federal health ministry Monday morning reported 230 new deaths due to COVID-19 and 8,392 more positive cases during the past 24 hours across the country, taking the number of deaths to 5,394 and total cases to 190,535.
This was so far the highest single-day spike in the cases.
According to officials, 91,819 people have been discharged from hospitals after showing improvement.
“The number of active cases in the country right now is 93,322,” reads the information.
The fifth phase of the nationwide lockdown came into force from Monday, making several relaxations and reopening in a phased manner.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- Ibadan most wanted criminal gang leader, Ebila, killed