The COVID-19 cases in Indonesia rose by 1,293 within one day to 56,385, with the death toll adding by 71 to 2,876, Achmad Yurianto, a Health Ministry official, said at a press conference here on Tuesday.
According to him, 1,006 more people were discharged from hospitals, bringing the total number of recovered patients to 24,806.
Within the past 24 hours, five provinces, namely South Kalimantan, Jakarta, Central Java, East Java and South Sulawesi recorded high numbers of cases, Yurianto said.
No more new positive cases were found in seven provinces, namely Jambi, Riau, Riau Islands, Bangka Belitung, Bengkulu, West Kalimantan and East Nusa Tenggara.
Yurianto called on the public to obey the health protocols in a bid to prevent more COVID-19 infections.
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership