Hajiya Fatima Garba, Electoral Officer, Sabongari Local Government Area in Kaduna State on Friday said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had distributed sensitive materials to 11 wards of the area.
She made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency Nigeria in her office in Sabongari, Zaria, Kaduna State.
The Electoral Officer said the distribution of sensitive materials to various wards was for onward dispatch to polling units, to address the challenges faced during the presidential elections.
“Preparation for the gubernatorial and state assembly election started last week. We took delivery of sensitive materials from Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday.
“We have commenced movement of the sensitive materials, ballot boxes and cubicles to all the 11 wards in the local government area today and and finished at about 3:00 p.m.
“We intend to distribute the materials very early, so that both material and personnel can move to the polling units very early.
”We also embarked on a refresher training for the adhoc staff , to avoid the challenges witnessed with adhoc staff during the March 23 election, ” she said.
She explained that the effort was to ensure that polling units get the election materials on time and polling booths open very early.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business