The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Kebbi, has distributed sensitive election materials to the 21 local government areas ahead of Saturday’s Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.
The Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Alhaji Ahmad Mahmud, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Birnin Kebbi on Thursday that the distribution took place in Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Birnin Kebbi branch on Wednesday.
“The distribution was done in the presence of representatives of political parties and security agencies like the DSS, Customs, Immigration, Civil Defence, Police and Nigerian Army,” he said.
Mahmud said the commission was ready for the Governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state on Saturday.
He expressed optimism that the materials would reach all the local government areas by Thursday evening for onward distribution to various polling centres across the state.
“We still have over 16,000 ad hoc staff, mostly NYSC members and students of higher institutions to serve during the exercise.
“We have no problem of substituting or replacing the ad hoc staff as we have no complains of any irregularities against our staff in the presidential and national assembly elections.
“We have 225 wards, 1,345 voting points and 2,398 polling units in the 21 local government areas of the state.
“We have so far used over 520 vehicles in the transportation of ad hoc staff and election materials in collaboration with the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Federal Road Service Corps (FRSC), as well as security agencies,” he said.
Mahmud, therefore, appealed to the people of Kebbi to remain calm and come out en masse on Saturday to vote for candidates of their choice.
The REC commended the people of the state for coming out en masse during the Feb. 23 Presidential and National Assembly elections. .
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court
- Drug situation in Nigeria, public health crisis — Health Minister
- NSE All-Share Index rises by 0.44%
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending