The commission’s National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Friday.
He said that the commission approved the conduct of the election at its meeting on Friday.
Okoye said that the Speaker of Plateau House of Assembly, Mr Abok Ayuba, had in a letter dated June 20, notified the commission of a vacancy in the Assembly following the demise of a member-elect, Mr Ezekiel Afon.
The letter stated that Afon died after he was declared winner of the March 9 House of Assembly Election in the constituency.
“Consequently, the commission met today, July 5 and approved the conduct of bye-election to the said constituency which will take place on Aug. 3.
“Political parties shall conduct their primaries on or before July 10 and submit the list of nominated candidates on or before July 12,” Okoye said, adding that campaigns would end on Aug. 1.
Edited by Gregory Mmaduakolam and Olisa Ifeajika
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings