The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Ogun on Wednesday launched ‘Operation Clear the Rot’ as part of initiatives to rid the state of criminals.
Mr Ahmed Abodunrin, the State Commandant of NSCDC, who launched the special operation in Abeokuta, said the command was ready to eradicate crime in the state.
Abodunrin said that the purpose of the operation was to create awareness on the functions of the command and the need to refrain from criminal activities.
“Our aim is to continue to ensure public safety, we are carrying out this exercise as directed by the Commandant General of the NSCDC, Mohammed Gana.
“We received a message from the people and NTA management in our office that hoodlums are always using the forest at the back of NTA Abeokuta to perpetrate evil.
“We have visited the forest with our Agro Rangers and Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU) who were specifically trained to deal with forest issues,” he said.
He advised residents to always cooperate with the command and be alert in their various communities.
Abodunrin reiterated that the command would continue to curb pipeline vandalism in the state, saying a lot had been achieved due to strategies deployed to curb the act. (NAN)
(Edited by Mufutau Ojo)
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline
- Kebbi Govt to disburse N1.5bn loan to livestock farmers
- FG says other options available for social media regulation
- Why we decided to work in harmony with Executive-Lawan
- Buhari writes Scientific Magazine, says planting trees solution to conflicts
- Gov. Ugwuanyi pledges support for indigenous companies to grow
- Kogi poll: Coalition calls for level playing ground for all candidates
- U.S. wants coalition to focus on foreign IS fighters, Africa
- Ember Months: FRSC decry high rate of accidents in Nasarawa
- Yuletide: FRSC harps on safe-driving culture to ensure zero crash, zero fatality