Total coronavirus infections in Iran hit 301,530 on Thursday after registration of 2,621 new cases overnight, according to the state TV.
Meanwhile, 226 new death cases were registered over the past 24 hours, taking the death toll in the country to 16,569, said Sima Sadat Lari, spokeswoman for Iran’s Ministry of Health and Medical Education, during her daily update.
So far, 261,200 patients have recovered and 4,041 remain in critical condition, said Lari.
According to the health spokeswoman, 2, 431,804 lab tests for COVID-19 have been carried out in Iran by Thursday.
She said 27 Iranian provinces are in high-risk or alert condition over the disease.
Iran announced its first cases of COVID-19 on Feb. 19.
Iran and China have offered mutual help in combating the COVID-19 pandemic.
- German foreign minister wants South Korean participation in G7 summit
- Truck kills 2 undergraduates in Ekiti
- Blasphemy: Court sentences man to death by hanging in Kano
- Non-contact sports: Coaches, sports enthusiasts want sports centres reopened
- NTTF considers organising 2020 Nigeria Open before end of year
- Kaduna Govt sets Aug. 18, deadline for submission of 2021 expenditure proposals
- Abia APC Caucus expresses satisfaction with Buhari’s administration performance
- eTransact, Niger Insurance notify shareholders of delayed submission of financials
- Political Scientist urges Edo politicians to play games according to rules
- Celtic given tricky tie in UEFA Champions League qualifiers, Red Star drawn away