Some Islamic Scholars in Katsina State, have offered special prayers seeking the intervention of the Almighty Allah to bring to an end, the banditry bedevilling the entire Northwest states and the COVID-19 pandemic ravaging the world.
News Agency of Nigeria, reports that the scholars converged at the Banu Coomassie Juma’at Mosque, Katsina, on Thursday, where they recited the Holy Quran to seek for Allah’s intervention.
The Chief Imam of the Mosque, Sheikh Samu Adam, said that the prayers were also to seek for divine intervention to overcome the problems bedeviling the state and country at large.
He reminded that the prayers of the oppressed does not go unnoticed by the Creator.
Adam expressed hope that Almighty Allah will answer the prayers for peace to prevail in the state and country at large and also bring an end to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gov. Aminu Masari, his Deputy, Mannir Yakubu and the Chief of Staff, Government House, Muntari Lawal, were among those that attended the special prayer session.
Addressing the gathering during the prayer session, Gov. Masari said that prayer is the solution to all problems facing humanity.
He also urged people in the state to embark on similar prayers for peace to reign supreme in the land.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Maharazu Ahmed (NAN)
- Kogi declares August 18 as deadline for exam registration
- Kwara Gov appoints Adeboye GM for The Herald
- SIP: Gov. Sule flags off second phase training of CBTT in Nasarawa
- COVID-19: Group presents palliatives to Plateau Govt.
- Edo speaker raises alarm over plot to take over Assembly
- Anglican synod advocates revival of ailing industries to tackle unemployment
- Alleged N2bn libel: Court to hear suit against Sowore, others Sept. 30
- Edo Assembly Deputy Speaker impeached
- Osun govt. distributes protective materials to public schools ahead resumption
- British lawmakers slam govt’s ‘critical errors’ in pandemic