Israel on Thursday confirmed that a man who had recently returned from Italy had tested positive for coronavirus and said it was barring entry to non-Israelis who had visited Italy in the past two weeks.
The man returned from Italy four days ago and tested positive after developing symptoms, according to the Health Ministry.
Before this case, two Israeli passengers from the virus-stricken cruise ship Diamond Princess who tested positive have been treated in an Israeli hospital.
Israeli Interior Minister Aryeh Deri added Italy to a list of countries from which travel for non-Israelis was banned.
Edited By: Fatima Sule/Emmanuel Yashim
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVlD-19: Union sensitises llorin residents
- Buhari salutes Tinubu at 68
- Covid-19: Niger Task Force solicits for donations
- NVCG hails FG, states over measures against COVID-19
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 – 5pm EAT)
- COVID-19: NCDC receives 4 ambulances from Aliko Dangote foundation for response activities in Lagos
- COVID-19: Motorists defy intra-state and inter-state ban in Niger
- Coronavirus – Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries
- COVID-19: Zamfara opens isolation centre
- COVID-19: AMAC notifies residents of markets’ closure