The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement that militants from the Gaza Strip fired three rockets toward southern Israel, intercepting two by Israel’s Iron Dome air defense system and the other hit a road in the vicinity of the coastal Palestinian enclave.
According to the IDF, in response, it’s combat aircraft attacked a number of targets at the Hamas military base in the northern Gaza Strip, including the office of a Hamas battalion commander.
Meanwhile, several Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli counter-attacks and airstrikes against Hamas sites had occurred in the last few weeks.
Israel has been imposing a crippling blockade on the Gaza Strip since Hamas took over the enclave in 2007.
Edited by Yahaya Isah
- Russia postpones SCO, BRICS summits amid COVID-19 pandemic
- S.Korea reports 79 more COVID-19 cases, 11,344 in total
- African swine fever costs Asia between 55 bln and 130 bln U.S. dollars: ADB experts
- S.Korea’s c.bank slashes 2020 economic growth outlook to 0.2 pct contraction
- Rwandan commercial motorists required to go cashless to curb COVID-19 spread
- S. Korea’s corporate bond sale logs double-digit fall in April
- Tokyo stocks open higher on Wall Street’s solid overnight lead
- 1st LD Writethru: S.Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- S. Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- LASG moves to criminalize infrastructure vandalism
- Rose harvest in Syria
- Plexiglass protection Plex’Eat designed to protect diners from novel coronavirus at restaurant in Paris
- Coastal Erosion: LASG seeks N400 bn from FG
- NMA lays foundation for multi billion naira headquarters
- Chile sees 82,289 cases of COVID-19, 841 deaths
- NASA, SpaceX postpone historic astronauts launch for weather reason
- COVID-19 infections in California surpass 100,000
- Spotlight: European Commission proposes borrowing landmark recovery fund, in “Europe’s moment”
- Overseas visitors to Ireland down 99 pct in April due to pandemic
- Roundup: European Commission proposes 750-bln-euro recovery fund as countries count losses