Italy will donate 1.2 million United States dollars to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) to support Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, the National News Agency reported on Thursday.
The donation agreement was signed between Ambassador of Italy in Lebanon Nicoletta Bombardiere and the UNRWA’s Director of Affairs in Lebanon Claudio Cordone.
This new funding will enable UNRWA to continue providing support for Palestinian refugees in health care and cash assistance.
It will support hospitalization for over 380 Palestinian refugees from Syria and provide cash assistance for around 2,450 Palestinian refugee families displaced from Syria to Lebanon.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse