Italy maintained their perfect record in Group J and clocked up their ninth international win in a row with a 5-0 thumping of Liechtenstein on Tuesday.
Nothing but a perfect record was at stake for the Italians on Tuesday, as they had already qualified for Euro 2020.
Federico Bernardeschi set Italy on the way in the second minute before Andrea Belotti added a brace.
Alessio Romagnoli and Stephan El Shaarawy added further goals in the final 20 minutes as Roberto Mancini’s team made it eight wins out of eight in the group.
Elsewhere in the group, Teemu Pukki scored twice as Finland beat Armenia 3-0 to strengthen their grip on second place and move closer to a first-ever appearance at either the Euro or World Cup finals.
Fredrik Jensen opened the scoring in the 31st minute.
Finland, who have 15 points from eight games, moved five clear of both Armenia and Bosnia & Herzegovina, who lost 2-1 in Greece, with two games each to play. (Reuters/NAN)
Edited by Joseph Edeh/Maharazu Ahmed
- Lightning strikes kill 27 in Pakistan
- Refugees commission partners with Rochas foundation to build schools in IDPs camps
- Nigerian artist, Njideka Akunyili-Crosby makes 2019 Time’s ‘100 Next’ list
- Police assure of adequate security ahead of Bayelsa poll
- Israel resumes strikes on Gaza
- WHO supports Nigeria’s legislative network to achieve UHC
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu