Founded in 1893, the club has been owned by Enrico Preziosi, head of Italy’s largest toy manufacturer, for the last 16 years.
“Genoa Cricket and Football Club announces that a mandate had been given to Assietta S.p.A., a financial advisory firm specialised in corporate finance, as advisor for the sale of the company,” said the statement.
The announcement came with Genoa one point and one place above the Serie A relegation zone with two matches to play.
Preziosi took over in 2003 with the club in Serie B, saw them promoted four years later and has since established them as a top flight club.
However, it has been far from plain sailing and he has employed 14 coaches during his time in charge, some of them on several occasions.
- Gov. Bagudu sets up committee to refund Hajj deposits to pilgrims
- Gov. Bagudu distributes CACOVID food, relief materials to 38,047 households
- COVID-19: Osun Govt warns against indiscriminate decontamination, fumigation
- FG launches distribution of agricultural inputs in Cross River
- COVID-19: Ooni urges Africans to contribute to global development
- NSCDC pledges maximum support to Amotekun in Oyo state
- FG to pay June hazard allowance of medical workers from Aug. 10
- Northern Governors condemn attacks in Southern Kaduna
- NAFDAC advises careful examination of products before buying
- Ooni tasks govt on food security as Ife celebrate yam festival