- IWD 2019: NAPTIP committed to removing gender imbalance, discrimination — DG
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has assured Nigerian women that it would continue to work towards removing gender imbalance and discrimination.
Ms Julie Okah-Donli, Director General, NAPTIP, gave the assurance in a statement on Friday in commemoration of the 2019 International Women’s Day.
Okah-Donli said that the agency had taken steps to ensure that victims of human trafficking, who were mostly women, were adequately rehabilitated.
“On behalf of NAPTIP, I rejoice with Nigerians on the occasion of the 2019 International Women’s Day.
“The theme of this year’s celebration which is “Balance for Better’’ is apt considering the roles of women in our country.
““NAPTIP, through its activities, has continued to implement actions and programmes that clearly remove gender imbalance and discrimination in any form.
“Of great importance is the comprehensive rehabilitation scheme of the agency which was deliberately initiated to ensure that victims of human trafficking, who are majorly women, are adequately cared for and properly rehabilitated,’’ she said.
She said that NAPTIP under her watch had rescued more than 20,000 victims of human trafficking, emphasising that most of the victims were women.
The director-general assured that NAPTIP would continue to implement actions and policies that would enhance a balanced and better life for Nigerian women.
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies