An organisation, FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria, says it is striving to achieve gender balance in its workforce by improving the number of its female staffs from 14 in 2017 now to over 100.
Its Corporate Affairs Director, Mrs Ore Famurewa, made this known on Friday in Lagos during the company’s celebration of International Women’s Day.
It is a day when women are recognised for their achievements and awareness raised on issues affecting women and how to resolve them.
The campaign theme for 2019 celebration is: “Balance for Better”.
Famurewa said the company had evolved policy that encourages recruitment of more women in its workforce to create a better work place and more financially independent women in the society.
She urged women to create a work-life balance, resilient, disciplined and uphold integrity in their dealings toward building a better society.
Earlier, the Managing Director, Mr Ben Langat, said that the company would continue to support the growth of women, not only in its workforce, but in the society at large.
Langat urged women to be emboldened in rising to their various tasks, describing women as nurturers who were originally blessed with management skills.
Also, Mrs Meg Iroha, the Deputy Director, Marketing, News Agency of Nigeria , said that the role of women, especially their socio-economic contributions to societal development could not be overemphasised.
Iroha, who was the guest speaker, urged the management of FrieslandCampina WAMCO to encourage mentoring of junior staffs and continue to take action for equality in the organisation.
She advised women to compete favorably, strive for excellence, have a “Can do’’ mentality and be innovative in their quest to achieve a better and balanced life.
Also, Dr Deji Osasona, a behavioural change specialist, advised women to take cognisance of their emotional wellbeing, while striving to achieve balance in life and contribute to the socioeconomic development.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business